Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Looks good auggie. What size cc is that.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, I tryed for two days to post these pic's but with my limited brain I was unsuccesful. So I called on PH and he said "No Problem". The sled is a 2001 ZR800 with 2628 miles on the speedo. I will be doing a compleat eng. teardown next week to replace the pistons (recall) and crankshaft seals.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey Augie, what happened to the stickers on the front of the lowwer part of the hood? I have the same sled and love every bit of it. You say your going to replace the pistons (recall) yourself, I would love to change mine myself but I want a/c to fix there mistake. Plus they pay for the pistons. On the other hand if yu want a job done righ , do it your self. Beleive me, I dont want some smuck divin in to my machine with a attitude of f--k it , its not my sled. If you are changing them your self will a/c give the piston kit to you and you just sign off on any future problems (God forbid)?
let me now.
Jay.

SWRules

·
Registered
476 Posts
Thanks ZR Sled Head. 1BADZR I bought the sled wrecked. The left side upper and lower "A" frames were bent into the spring and shock, the hood was hit and ripped the left side decal, so I removed them both fully intending to put them back on but I got used to the clean look. Both skies were wore through so I replaced them with the green ones and the tunnel was hit in the left rear. Lucky the shock and spring were ok because their big bucks. I repaired everything myself and left everything totality stock. I did install a hood screen kit. I knew about the piston problem last winter (I worked for Arctic for ten years) and bought the pistons but never got around to replacing them. I know a few guy's up at Arctic so I will just give them a call and see what develops. I got tired of paying $30 for a gal. of oil so I used Arctic Blue Oil ($9.99 a gal.) last year so I am interested to see what shape the eng. is in. And your right! I have put a lot of miles on Arctic sleds (testing in McCall Idaho) and this is by far the greatest sled yet.

Auggie

·
Registered
177 Posts
Augie? you worked for A/C, cool. What did you do? wheir they a good employer? I think it would be cool to work for them, especialy to be like an assyember or head tech guy. maybe in my next life. ???

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, I started out working as a service tech in Fargo ND at an Arctic owened distribtorship. They closed that down and I moved to T.R. Falls and they made me a District Service Manager. Spent 3-4 yrs. there and was transfered to the Twin Cities. I wound up as the General Service Manager at the Arctic owened distribtorship in Plymouth MN and controled the 26 Nortern States. What a "Blast"

Auggie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts