Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wondering what brand or models a good avalanche beacon?
Any suggustions?

We go out west once or twice a year to Wyoming. This year we're going by Laramie end of feb. Any snow?

·
Registered
120 Posts
They are all good and compatible with each other.
I hear that the "tracker DTS" is the easiest to use.

beacons are a very good idea,there has allready been quite a few avi's this year.

allso try looking hereS.O.S.

·
Registered
6 Posts
:) We have always used SOS. They have the best products and are the only company that supports snowmobiling. The rest of them are all "Greenies".... We won't ride with ya if ya don't have the gear :withstupid:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanx for the help guys, our group is checkin into the S.O.S. and the shovel with the probe in it. Still shoppin around on prices yet.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Originally posted by snowdog3740@Jan 8 2003, 08:44 AM
:) We have always used SOS. They have the best products and are the only company that supports snowmobiling. :withstupid:
:withstupid: Get the SOS beacon and shovel. They are a little spendy but what is a life worth... :inlove:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I see Orthovox as sponsors in sled videos and happily sell lots of beacons to my buddy's Cat shop.

I personally use a Tracker DTS and I have talked to them briefly on a technical question and treated me just great even though I let them know right away I was a sledder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
??? If you look into the history and track record of all companies and who they support you will see that Ortovox and Tracker are huge supporters of the GREEN movement who in turn are responsible for closing snowmobiling in many areas. Why would you support this type of activity :doh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts