Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the average that you spend in a snowmobiling year?
Not including this year unless you are lucky enough to have snow.

·
Registered
103 Posts
well I spent a total of around $500 this year. I own 2 sleds a 77 panther and I use to own a 97 Zrt 600. I put around $200 in to the Zrt and only got 67miles on it, I had a little engine fire ($3200 in damage)
 and maybe $300 in the panther but I was finishing an Engine rebuild so. As of next week friday is will have spent another $5,000 on a 02 Polaris 440 Pro-X Fan(out of the box) but I think this year is an exception

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I assume were not including the sled.  Not this year, but average 2-3K.

I should have enough money saved up this year, for a downpayment on a new sled.  Oh yeah, I did buy a 4 wheeler since it wouldn't snow.

FishHog

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i voted 1000-$2000.00 u.s. funds that is like the same amount of the canadian national debt, without sleds of course.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Same here paul

·
Registered
416 Posts
In a good year it would be about $2000-$3000. Gas, oil, hotel rooms, it all adds up to lots of cash. Especially the extra parts

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
phazerhater,
 i am afraid to add it up too, but to think a guy that has been to afghanistan is afraid also i must on the right track.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The benchmark that I use is a buck (canadian) a mile including hotels, meals etc. , but not counting the sled or major repairs . It seems to come pretty close to that anyways. So far this year i'm at 2500 miles so...  

·
Registered
530 Posts
0-1000 for me.  BUt of course not including the sled.  The sled alone was over 7K.  

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Lets see,new sled,new clothes,new accesories,gas,oil,hotels,meals,coca-cola,permits,insurance,custom numbers and other custom stickers probably $15,000 canuckbucks this year for us.SHHHHHH dont tell permafrost LOLOL  

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I am a poor high school student!!
 Jk.  I have enough to get by with the high expenses of snowmobiling!  I spend around $1000/year.  This year has been about the same as last.  Eventhough I have only about 400 miles on.  I bought a new helmet, jacket, studs, gloves, and more.  That averages about what I would have paid in gas for a good season!  

·
Registered
91 Posts
is that why a sled cost 12000 canadian dollars. cause they have no national debt?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Hey LadyK those studs are your track right? just kidding.
So far this year I've spent $520 and put on 43 miles. What a poor year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts