Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the polaris dealer a week ago and ordered a throttle cable for my ultra 700 it came in he called i went to get it he stated the price i asked if that had been discounted he stated no and i asked why my boss sent me here to you instead of my regular part's dealer as he buy's all his tour sled's which he buy's 30 at a time every 2 to 3 year's and also 2 or 3 personal sled's and he get's the discount and this was ordered on his account and he stated oh well we only give the discount when he buy's them so i went to my boss he called them and cancelled everyone of the sled's he ordered and is now going to deal with my polaris dealer which there name is edelmann's in troy new york the dealer that was an a## there name is cherry creek in west halifax vermont and i walked out the door and stated stick it your a## i'll buy elsewhere

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
thats one long sentence.[/b]
LOL, that's what I was thinking.

That's quite a move for your boss to give up buying over 30 sleds from a local dealer, who obviously had been giving him good service, all because one of his employees didn't get 10% off on a throttle cable for an old Ultra. In his place I would've just called up the dealer and told him to knock 10% off for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
LOL, that's what I was thinking.

That's quite a move for your boss to give up buying over 30 sleds from a local dealer, who obviously had been giving him good service, all because one of his employees didn't get 10% off on a throttle cable for an old Ultra. In his place I would've just called up the dealer and told him to knock 10% off for you.[/b]
The cable was ordered under his Boss' account and should have been discounted immediately. His boss may have felt slighted and possibly over reacted but I guarantee you that the dealership will learn a valuable lesson about customer service. A lesson that simply asking the part to be discounted could never teach.

Boegey

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I just finished dealing with my ex-polaris dealership today! It was the parts guy too, what an a$$#^&e ! I bought a clutch kit from them and wanted to return it and he told me yes. So I ordered my replacement parts and before I got 5 minutes away he called and told me he could not take it back! Well I made a few calls and and found out he was lying to me and called him on it. So I picked up my new parts and returned the clutch kit today and will not be spending anymore money there!

·
Registered
13 Posts
customer service is and always will be number one in any service business. As a landscape business owner during the summer months, customer service has allowed my push mower and trimmer operation to grow into a business with over 50 lawn accounts and many other landscape accounts. People constantly compliment me on my customer service and i take pride in that with landscaping and with snowmobile sales and service.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry about the grammer i was pissed the fact is my boss spend's thousand's of dollar's with this guy a year alone in part's and my boss was the one who sent me there and was mad as hell when i got back to the shop and told him .he called them up and the fight was on. my boss would have kept his dealing's with this fella but he had a bad attitude with him when he called and that is what i think pissed of the boss. i know if i were a dealer and a tour company was buying 20 to 30 sled's every two to three year's i'd do whatever i could to make them happy. ok i'm feeling better

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Good point. Sometimes the way we come off isn't the greatest. If the dealer is allready having a bad day when he greets you, he may have a tough time maintaining cheery good will. Such is life in retail.

On the other hand, when the boss called, anyone in their right mind knows you don't bite the hand that feeds you if you want to be in business long. If the problem isn't smoothed over quickly at that point, there may be more to the story than we've been told about?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Personally, I don't think I'd get too mad about not getting someone else's discount. I really don't think it's worth starting a fight over a $3 discount.
I think theres probably more to the story.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I,m not buying it-
Why would this kids boss purchase a so called 20-30 sleds from another dealer and pay the dealers mark up?.
I don’t' even think a dealer can sell quantities like that to single entity.
It would make more sense to purchase directly from the oem.
In fact he himself would be considered a dealer. The used inventory needs to be sold every couple years and the guy would immediately be tagged for selling quantities without a dealers license.
The story is BS or lacking in real details.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I,m not buying it-
Why would this kids boss purchase a so called 20-30 sleds from another dealer and pay the dealers mark up?.
I don’t' even think a dealer can sell quantities like that to single entity.
It would make more sense to purchase directly from the oem.
In fact he himself would be considered a dealer. The used inventory needs to be sold every couple years and the guy would immediately be tagged for selling quantities without a dealers license.
The story is BS or lacking in real details.[/b]
How true! I am in retail, and I can't discount everybody who "says" they work for my best customer.
One of our biggest customers feels he deserves the discount, because he spends the money, not some guy off the street who says he works for him!

·
Registered
3 Posts
went to the polaris dealer a week ago and ordered a throttle cable for my ultra 700 it came in he called i went to get it he stated the price i asked if that had been discounted he stated no and i asked why my boss sent me here to you instead of my regular part's dealer as he buy's all his tour sled's which he buy's 30 at a time every 2 to 3 year's and also 2 or 3 personal sled's and he get's the discount and this was ordered on his account and he stated oh well we only give the discount when he buy's them so i went to my boss he called them and cancelled everyone of the sled's he ordered and is now going to deal with my polaris dealer which there name is edelmann's in troy new york the dealer that was an a## there name is cherry creek in west halifax vermont and i walked out the door and stated stick it your a## i'll buy elsewhere[/b]
Our local dealer is also not very friendly. I went there a few years ago to pick up a gas filter and I could tell he wished I wasn't there. I think they want to sell new sleds and not mess around with guys who are trying to repair older models.

·
Registered
231 Posts
If somebody walks in for a throttle cable and wants a discount than I say give it to him anyway. He probably will be back for more and tell ten of his friends that I am the place to go for their parts. Just a dumb attitude in the parts business. I was in the parts business for ten years and always overrode the pricing and always got double the returns. Most parts places mark up over double the cost if not more and call it their list price. Problem for the parts dealer is the OEM selling by their suggested list on line so it keeps them in line.

·
Registered
231 Posts
and then the 10 friends want the discount too. give it to everyone and its not a discount.[/b]
At least I had 10 very satisfied customers who told 10 of their friends and so on and so on....... While my competitor went belly up!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I take it you never call around for prices on the parts you need. You just go to one place no matter what they charge you because your a loyal customer and would never accept anything but list price because the business you deal with needs to survive and you are going to do your best to see that they profit enough to live in their 500k house and drive their 80k vehicles around. Please come and be my customer because you're the best!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
<<<their 500k house and drive their 80k vehicles around. >>>

Not familiar with any dealers like above. If they have that stuff, and they're a dealer, thinking maybe the dealership is a hobby?

Must be nice to have so many dealers close enough that you call around to check prices on your parts. Just wondering if it's occured to you that people doing that may be the cause of a dealer giving you/somebody a rash? Maybe he's tired of people kicking tires over parts prices?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts