Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are all you Bancroft area residents. In the past you spoiled us with your great reports.
Any info would be appreciated.
Jerry :christmas:

·
Registered
795 Posts
I heard that got about 8 inches on monday, maybe more. Underdog was posting the reports but they moved from the area & in his words will be chasing the dotted line. His reports will be missed as he did an awesome job. I think Lady K & Permafrost will be doing them this year. Looking forward to seeing them soon :D

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
There appears to be more snow north of Apsley & we had 8" on the ground there. Broke trail for 4 miles on fresh snow yesterday :thumbsup: . I never got over to the railbed today. Checking the ice on Eel's Creek & drilling my track for studs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
there is well over 1' on the ground. over 2' in places and 3' in some of the northern and western areas of Haliburton. trails are setting up nicely, but nothing is frozen yet so please stay off the trails until further notice. check the ofsc.on.ca website for updates. district 6 has some openings. see you on the trails!

·
Registered
12 Posts
there is well over 1' on the ground. over 2' in places and 3' in some of the northern and western areas of Haliburton. trails are setting up nicely, but nothing is frozen yet so please stay off the trails until further notice. check the ofsc.on.ca website for updates. district 6 has some openings. see you on the trails![/b]
the haliburton club had posted on their site tuesday ,that they ran the groomer from haliburton to kinmount and back and had it listed as limited

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I was finally able to make it out, all the sleds have trail passes and are good to go.

Glen Alda Access trail - fresh groomed with 4"+ of fresh powder on it

Big E into Coe Hill - fresh groomed with fresh powder as well

Rail bed in Coe hill had a bit more traffic but was groomed and very rideable with TONS of slider lube:)

We are going out tomorrow morning and heading to Bancroft for breaky then off to the maze.
We will NOT be running any lakes as the deep ones just froze over last week and with this snow they have not made much ice. The bad news is that they are calling for a meltdown on Sunday so now is the time to ride. It didn't even come close to being as good as it is now last year. I have attached a copy of the weather report. I now there is always gonna be thaws I just hope it doesnt doo much damage other than help firm things up ...then more powder. I will post the report after tomorrows trail ride. I have attached some pics of the snow we got the other day as well. It took me over an hour to dig two sleds out.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
We just got back a bit ago from a full days riding. Trails are immaculate. The groomer left Coe Hill tonight at 8:30 and was heading to Bancroft and back>>>5.5 hr tour. We had a mxz 500 chain grenade so we had to go back and pick it up.. Thank god it happened at a roadway as the track was seized solid.
I suggest that anyone who can come up and ride before the thaw.

Permafrost

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
We went out on Saturday to Harcourt and back. Trails were excellent with only a few minor rough spots. The big rain on Sunday was not as damaging as I though it would be. We have got at least 4 inches of snow since then and the big E is fresh groomed as of yesterday afternoon. Things are looking up, i hope there is more snow than rain later in the week. The one good thing about this thaw is that it took the snow off the lakes. This will help quicken the freeze and make things alot safer.

merry ho ho

Permafrost

·
Registered
361 Posts
Can I get an updatefor Saturday please??....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts