Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good day everyone:

I recently picked up an 1990 safari LC 462cc liquid from a guy who said it sat for a few years after him resealing the engine and can not be bothered to get it to run with bad fuel in it and all and has since bought a new sled so I picked it up for a few hundred with a spare block..... got it home and went to pull it over and it was locked up, so I pulled the plugs and it pulled over easy, number 1 <mag side was full of vapor, pulled the exhaust and 2 stroke oil dumped out, dried it out best I could and pulled it over and it backfired and pulled cord right out of my hand. Figured I would pull the engine and reseal/retime myself so I know what I have at the end of the day, found half the hardware somewhat hand or almost to spec upon removal/ disassembly, got as far as cleaning the block and found someone has welded the bottom of the block right around an area where a crank bearing would sit, and then I stopped and turned my attention to the spare block that came with it. It is different in tstat housing position, and the top cover use nuts instead of allan head bolts, the oem engine reads engine type 462 wile the spare reads 467/ 462.8cc. does anyone know the differences between these two engines and if I can transfer carb and such over to new block? or should I try to work with oem block? oem block compression <with a ton of oil in this side> 150psi, dry side 137ish psi. any thoughts would be appreciated!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind, found a replacement exact block for cheap, found the rodent nest in the air box was responsible for rotary valve crank seal failure on the mag side, and the timing issue was the flywheel had 2 keyway grooves for 2 different applications, it was in the wrong groove.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts