Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had stud holes in my trailer from my zrt,   we had some extra hercules bed liner   so i put it where the holes where and it seems ti work very well.   i have been thinking off doing the otherside,  or half the trailer or all the trailer,   has anyone had any experience with this ?    and problems ect...   thanks william

ps  this was done to a sled bed trailer with a salt shield.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i had the same problem. if you have the same type of trailer as me, the hinged open two place, what i did was take an old track, and cut it in two equal sections, then screw it onto the deck of the trailer. Not only does it protect against stud damage, it makes loading the sled a breeze, the design of the track allows the sled to climb right up. It also keeps the sled's rear from sliding around on the trailer.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Why not take that usless,slippery,moisture holding bed liner out of your truck and cut it up in strips and use it for guides and track grabbers for your trailor?

·
Registered
5 Posts
bedliner strips work great. We cut ours in 6" strips. Running them to the very end of the trailer will keep carbides from digging things up. BUT- be careful when you get off the sled onto the trailer - they're SLIPPERY!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we have thick bed liner for our trucks i thought of using but i thought this would be to slipperyyyyyyyy,  this is why i thought the bed liner would be better,  it is a little gritty.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Here is what i did, Took my Floe 2-place v-front to the SPRAY on people,
No holes to drill!! they just masked everything off and put it on  between 1/8 and 1/4" thick,,, Studs CAN'T hurt it! Carbides don't faze it!!  Looks sweet!!  just hose it off to clean
 Should last forever!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Sorry JETrep, that it took me so long to get back to ya,, Basically its just like doing a pickup bed, only its all unfolded,,This was done 3.5 years ago, It cost about $375.  probobly kinda high, but i did not want any hole drilled in the plywood,,,  regards,   Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts