Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
How do I go about disabling the back up reverse beeping...
I actually don't mind it but man do people get a kick out of it. Actually, it is kinda annoying...
Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Above the chaincase there is a cylindrical object about 3/4 inch diameter. Put the sled in reverse and you'll find that is where the beeping is coming from. Unplug it, and make sure the dangling wires don't touch anything like the brake.

However.. make sure you remember to put it in forward if it is mechanical reverse. You think the beeping is embarrassing, think about hitting the throttle and backing over someone behind you because you forgot it was in reverse.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think I would rather have the beep just to be on the safe side. Really, how often do you back up anyway. I actually forget I have it. I did use it today backing in the garage. That was pretty cool. Didn't have to spin the sled around by hand.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The RER models do not have the cylinder device mentioned above to unplug. I have been told by a dealer the RER models beep when you start the motor and is part of the computer start up diagnostics thus not being able to disable the reverse alarm.

·
Registered
190 Posts
There is a diagnostic check when they startup and gives you two beeps to verify everything is good. I was told if you remove the black cover under the hood behind the speedo there is a round connector to unplug that will disable the beeping.

The only thing I would be careful of is if you bump reverse by accident or have curious people around that push the button..... These things really move in reverse. :doh:

A

·
0 Posts
It wouldn't be bad enough punching a bunch of stud holes in someone you ran over but it would be if you put the stud holes in them and then cut both arms off with the wear bars and then suffocated them with your exhaust. ???

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the mechanical reverse, disabled it, twice forgot it was in reverse and got the handle bars in the chest.

Needless to say I plugged it back in.

Steve

·
Registered
678 Posts
RER beeper is behind the gauges, at least my 03 is.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Are you really in reverse that much to have it bother you. In one day I only use it like 4 times, if i have it. My Mach doesnt and I rarly miss it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
LEAVE that beeper on!
I had a guy almost kill me 2 years ago up in Kinross.
We were drag racing on a river and I sat out a race or two (behind the line). You can guess what happened from there!
Then I watched my bud slam into someones sled in reverse (he backed into a tight parking space on his ZL-800 when we arrived at the resturant (the same ZL that burned on the trailer by the way)
He forgot he was in reverse :withstupid:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Just unplug it like mentioned above.

my wife has one on a Formula Dlx. It was disabled immediately.

For those of you with trouble knowing forward and reverse, just look when you are driving. If things are getting farther and smaller - your in reverse :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the advice everyone!
I was going to leave it due to the valuable safety concerns that were brought up but the last post Re covering a bit with duct tape so it's not as loud sounds like a happy medium!
THANKS!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts