Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fell in love the other day, and a blue/yellow 02 800x followed me home. Bought used, not original owner. In checking it out, it appears that the heavy viny belly pan is sagging near the center of the LH side - to the point where it isn't even touching the hood. There is no evedence of a collision or bent parts of any kind. Anybody else had to deal with a problem like this?

I suppose worst case would be to go with a pair of the rubber latches like those used on the snow cross machines?

Polaris warranty?

AL

·
Registered
111 Posts
If its an 02 X it should have a 2 year extended warranty,check w/whomever you bought it from,good luck.

·
Registered
216 Posts
one can only assume that the side of the sled sat next to something too warm maybe a woodburner or propane heater. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 01 xc sp that the original belly pan cracked around the bulkhead. It took a few words of encuragement to the dealer but they finally warrantied it. The replacement was just as you said, sagged on both sides. Needless to say I wasn't very happy and they did finally replace it again. The last one they put on was a perfect fit, better than the original. From what I heard asking around was that Polaris had some vendor problems with the pans for a bit.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last night I removed the bolts fastening the bellypan to the chassis above the LH footwell. I ran a ratchet type tie down strap from the chassis side of that area to the rear bumper and " adjusted" it a little<g>. It's not perfect, but acceptable when reasssembled. I do believe it is a weak spot in the design though. I plan on adding the snow cross type rubber tie downs later if necessary. Polaris needs to do something a little different there....even if they made a "patch" (like the tie down kit) available at minimal cost....

AL

·
Registered
2 Posts
another thing you might want to try that did, is put your strap on tighten it up and warm the inside of the pan up along all of the bends or edges with a probane torch. Then let it cool in that place ....helps some

1 - 6 of 6 Posts