Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My muffler came loose and melted the belly pan.  Instead of a nice tight round hole, I now have an oblong hole. Is there an appoxy or something that i can repair this with?  Any ideas would be great! I've heard of plastic welders, I don't know anyone who does it around my area.  Thanks Rob Let it Snow!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I doubt there is any way of reparing that hole short of finding some UHMW and making a patch and riveting it from the inside . Or you could try aluminum  .

·
Registered
16 Posts
I doubt there is any way of reparing that hole short of finding some UHMW and making a patch and riveting it from the inside . Or you could try aluminum  .

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
A little rubber Cement and some duct tape.

·
Registered
448 Posts
If it really bugs you, I bet you could lay down some chicken wire (for framing) & fiberglass over it (both sides).

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Rob, do you by chance have a ZRT800??  The same thing happened to my 96 ZRT...running across a lake and it had a pretty good flame going by time I got to the other side and realized it.  Nothing will match the texture of the bellypan...I bought a Cat belly pan protector...turned out pretty nice

Jim

·
Registered
132 Posts
You might get away with just installing a full length belly pan protector.  It would keep the snow and ice out of the engine compartment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts