Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old belts no noise! New belts with the same numbers I get all kinds of noise when I am not on the throttle. This is on a stock 97 VMax. I took it in this fall to have the clutches cleaned. I bought a couple of new belts at the same time. After putting a new belt is when the noise started. Looking for ideas? Thank You

·
Registered
83 Posts
open up your secondary a bit, is your belt riding above the secondary sheives? It should be flush. or try putting an center to center clutch tool to make sure your clutches are properly aligned

·
Registered
94 Posts
On my SRX 700 secondary there three small bolts with spacer or washers. I took off the washer and reinstall the bolts. And my noise went away this a oem belt. This is something you might want to look at. :hallo1:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just had a Hauck clutch kit installed on mine and I'm having the same problem. I've been told it is because the belt is old (over 1600 mi.) and I'm going to put my new one on tomorrow. THIS CLUTCH KIT is a BIG improvement in performance-the belt squeal is minor, but I hope this will get rid of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts