Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 MXZ 800 with a heelclicker clutch kit. Had it at the local drag strip sat. Seems like its slipping the belt in the secondary.Clutch temps are hot and 60' times are bad.Any one how to fix this problem?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
What kind of belt are you running?
What is your breakaway on the secondary?
What gearing is in it?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Wow! Where did you come up with that gear ratio! That's a 1.48, WAY to high geared if your running grass! Get it up to a 1.80 or lower [higher number]. That max belt is to hard a compound, Doo makes a softer belt but I cant remember the number. For the C-K3 it's an 066. Not sure about the helix for grass but snow you want something in the 50+ to start angle.
This is where your heat is coming from, your sled is trying to pull to tall a gear, like starting out in second or third gear

·
Registered
852 Posts
Mika, .. I think where talkin ashpalt.. but in general slippage is due to 1, not enough primary wieght and 2,  too aggresive of a helix angle, I dont have any experience with heel clickers or ashpalt but I`ve read  that clickers dont like an aggressive helix. good luck. What is up with that ratio??? too..  I also would assume that a 24/45 or something in that area  would work. Is that ratio similar to what anybody else is running, that is geared really tall, $#@! if you got the horsepower you got a 300mph sled.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just to give you a good starting point:

160-260 spring
5.6 shoulder
0 base
14.3 center
3.3 tip
48-40 helix white spring/ 3 lbs wrap!!

GLH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts