Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I had a question regarding my old mans sled which is a 1993 trail deluxe 440cc. I know how to do this adjustment on my Ski-doo but I could not see a logical means to adjust the belt on the 93 trail. The problem is that at idle it will squeal a little, but as soon as he revs it (i.e. to take off) it starts to squeal quite badly. Once, he's going maybe 5mph (guessing) it goes away. My thought was that the belt is too tight but I couldnt see where too adjust this. Does anyone know how to render this problem? Be it belt to tight, clutch problem, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I agree, sounds like the belt is a little snug. You might want to check/verify the correct belt is on it. Once that's confirmed, seems like that older secondary is set up using shims. Needs to be removed and dissassembled to adjust. Good time to have a look around for worn parts while you're in there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if I recall the squeal began when a new belt was installed. I'll check that first, I would have assumed the dealer who put the belt on would have chosen the correct one, but then again their installation squeals so who would be surprised. Thanks for the info. I'll look into next time I go up that way.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
:D

Thanks Mike. I know you'd be as happy to point out an error on my part as I would yours. Thinking most people here can't really appreciate what that's worth. Both of us are quite capable of misinterpeting a confusing note, but usually one of us gets it right. With some this technical stuff, having somebody checking out your call on an issue never hurt a darn thing.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts