Snowmobile World banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (atyszka @ Sep. 13, 2002, 09:44am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But now here's the real question we haven't addressed yet - who makes the belts for the OEMs?  As far as I know none of them have their own rubber plants.  I'll bet that they each use one of the aftermarket companys as a supplier, built to their spec of course, but it's still the aftermarket supplier's technology and manufacturing process.[/b][/quote]
Compare the run # & production date lettering on a 'doo belt & it sure looks the same as the Dayco lettering.

·
Registered
47 Posts
So far all's I've run is the 067, but maybe I should try the 127. How is it cost wise compared to
the 067. Last year I paid $124.00 with taxes for the 067. Thats Canadian funds. I also got
4000 km out of each belt that I've run.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
The 127's cost me about 85 CAD they are cheaper than the 067 and IMHO they are better.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
In the Oct/Nov issue of Snowtech they mention that according to reports from the field, the Dayco Ultimax II offers better performance & durability over the OEM belts.

What is the consensus out there in SW land? Agree or disagree?

I've always used the 'doo belts. My sleds have had TRA clutches since '90 so belt wear hasn't been as big a concern w/ me as friends who ride other brands. :doh:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Originally posted by mxz7@Jan 11 2002, 10:26 PM
I will stick with the Bombardier belts.I am a believer in using OEM parts on most everything.Aftermarket products are just copys of the original.Being a mechanic,I have seen alot of defective aftermarket parts.I know companies put much R and D into thier products before they hit the aftermarket and thier is good quality stuff out there.But thats the way I am.I'll shut up now.
Same here. I have never had a problem with OEM belts. THey seem to last just as long as other belts. Plus we get a good deal where we get our belt, cause we've bought all our Doos from the same guy. :D

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Oem belt for me too.I changed my belt last year at 2000km just in case and kept it as an extra spare :) Came in handy when my uncle blew 2 belts in the same day from jumping on the machine first thing in the mornig in cochrane and racing up and down an icy road. :doh: He was on a rental Gade and didnt know any better and took off before anyone had a chance to tell him :)

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Its always fun to beat up on rentals anyway.

Can't treat our own toys that way. ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by permafrost@Sep 26 2002, 05:52 PM
The 127's cost me about 85 CAD they are cheaper than the 067 and IMHO they are better.
Two years ago 067 belts were $64 plus tax in my area (Kitchener/Waterloo). Last year they were $104 plus tax. I believe they wanted $150 for the 127 belt (is this also known as the gold belt?)

Where did you find the 127 belt for 85? I'd like my spare belt this year to be a new one.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I normally use bombardier belts but when I need one quick I just get a dayco ultimax from L&M. I really haven't checked out the life of each of them. ???

21 - 31 of 31 Posts