Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the new SnoeGoer and Bender already has a Turbo kit for the RX-1. The add says that kits start at 180Hp and there are3 diif. kits to choose from. They are useing a self lubed AroeCharger housing. Noe it'll really be interesting to see how the season starts with these kits avalible from the start.
Caleb

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Who has some suggestions about the effects the turbo lag and the clutches will have on each other?  I imagine the clutches will reduce the effect of turbo lag, but I don't have time to put deep thought into it right now.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turbo lag really isn't a factor nowadays the way housings and impelers are made/designed. I'm sure that Toydoc will give us all insight as he did before. The lower level kit really shouldn't make much of a difference in lag but boy will it be a GRAT kit for you guys in upper elevations as the power won't fall off the same. And clutching will be key also needless to say.
caleb

·
Registered
731 Posts
Sled dogg is right, It shoud not lag at all.
The engine has a butt load of TQ at LOW rpm stock so the only problem I see is does anyone make clutch weights big enough to shift that much power that fast.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't checked into the price as i may not pick up the RX-1's i ordered instead lettting someone else get them. But where this turbo will shine is the entry level 180HP kit. You lose 5% of your power for every 1,000ft of elevation above 5,000FT.  That is why big mountain guys get the 180 to 220 hp motors so the power is still there as if they were down the mountain. And reliabilty sholdn't be a problem as they run these turbos in the R-1 street bike with much,much higher operating tempertures.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got this off of there site, appears to be reasonbly priced really.

RX-1

BENDER RACING TURBOCHARGER KITS
3 OPTIONS
STARTING AT 180 HP, $2500.00

NOW ACCEPTING ORDERS WITH $1000.00 DEPOSIT DOWN TO RESERVE A KIT PRODUCED FROM OUR FIRST DELIVERY OF 200 AEROCHARGER TURBOS IN September!

These turbocharger kits, from the trail RXT-1 style at 180 HP to the top end RXT-3 at 300(&#33
HP, are a perfect match for the RX-1 Yamaha. The awesome new Yamaha, while impressive in its premier as the first performance four-stroke, benefits hugely by the addition of these turbo kits. To overcome the additional weight that is unavoidable with a four-stroke engine, and to provide the same percentage power gains which were obtainable on two-stroke engines, NOTHING beats a turbocharger! And as with all Bender Racing products, they will be exhaustingly tested to provide the reliability needed on the trail and lake.

Bender Racing turbochargers utilize the Aerocharger turbocharger, a superior state of the art turbocharger with many unique features that distinguish it from other turbochargers, and which make it the turbocharger of choice for Bender Racing's turbo kits.

We got the holeshot on the R&D needed to design a turbocharger kit for the RX-1 kits. Besides having plenty of previous experience with the Aerocharger turbos., (Terry Paine was an employee there prior to partnering with Tim Bender here) we have a continuing collaboration with Aerocharger on our well-timed project FZ-1 motorcycle (the engine is very similar to the RX-1 engine). This project bike has allowed us to make a lot of preliminary determinations in designing the RX-1 turbo kits, as well as providing the first product we'll be offering for motorcycles.

THE BEST NEWS? The RXT-1, with 180 HP of premium pump gas trail performance, is expected to sell for less than $2500.00, putting this kit within any RX-1 owner's budget and desire for a fast, reliable sled.

Check back for periodic updates as we continue to test and tune these four-stroke powerplants. We'll update our progress, provide dyno and field results, and provide more detailed specifications on each kit as they are refined.

We'll have cams, headers, and lightweight replacement components available too! We'll update our advancements with these products also. Stay tuned

1 - 9 of 9 Posts