Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking for a sled to buy in the year 01-03 range that will be reliable, well suspended and have good handling. I have heard about the great handling of the ZR600-ZR800 chassis, I have also heard reliability is not on par with Yamaha. I have heard great things about the Yamaha SRX600-700's reliability and performance but horrible things about their suspension. Is there a sled out there that will have it all?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a 2002 ZR 800 Cross Country for sale... It has low miles and Fully dial adjust suspension... It handles really well and has a lot of grunt. If you are looking for that type of sled then this is the kind of sled you should defiantly get... the yamaha's have a horrible suspension, and are a nightmare to work on them. Where are you from? if you are interested I can work something out for ya... PM me for pictures.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
yes ZR 600 great handling

but I can give you links to 4 600s blown within the past 2 weeks including mine :D

Its a fun engine but reliable ............

·
Registered
177 Posts
I cant even remember the last time I heard of the 800 blowing up..... the closest thing was last year my buddies 900 melted... but only because he bought bad gas and it had water in it. :p

·
Registered
316 Posts
Don't forget the '01 Polaris 600 xc sp.
I don't have a ton of miles on mine but it has been a very good machine and handles nicely.
Only thing I thought it needed was a bar riser as the bars were a bit low.
I think there are quite a few out there too.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Don't forget the '01 Polaris 600 xc sp.
I don't have a ton of miles on mine but it has been a very good machine and handles nicely.
Only thing I thought it needed was a bar riser as the bars were a bit low.
I think there are quite a few out there too.[/b]
03 prox 700 is a great reliable good handling sled.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Put almost 11,000 miles on an 99 ZR600 and am hoping to do the same to my new (to me) 2002 ZR600. Absolutely fabulous handling sleds - now that I have it set up right.

I also have a Yamaha 700 triple and it is anvil reliable, but the skid sucks. That sled with a M10 would be spectacular too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had an 01 Ski-Doo Summit with 12,000 miles on it...That was a fun sled. Don't rule out the doo 600's most of them if well taken care of will last 8k miles before needing to look at the top end. Plus the ZX chassis is strong and handles quite well...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found out the only dealer here sells Polaris. I think I should stick to Polaris then. How about that Pro-X. I think there are two different suspensions availlable. Which one is best? I race Motocross during summer. I have a preference for stiffer and more rugged suspensions. I think there is M-10 and Edge something... Thanks for the replies!!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Found out the only dealer here sells Polaris. I think I should stick to Polaris then. How about that Pro-X. I think there are two different suspensions availlable. Which one is best? I race Motocross during summer. I have a preference for stiffer and more rugged suspensions. I think there is M-10 and Edge something... Thanks for the replies!![/b]
well really you have 3 suspension. the prox has it own suspension (aggresive riding, jumps and so on) the edge has 2. it either has the edge rear suspension which is a good all around suspension and the m10 with is a trial suspension. id suggest if your going to do jumping and beat up the sled to try and find a prox. also there is many suspenison things i can help you will to make it ride insane. the edge suspension can also be setup for aggresive riding and jumping but the suspenison itself and the chassis are not quite as tuff. any prox 6 to 8 are good but if you can find a 700 they are probably the all aroudn best sled poo made that year. strong reliable big bump sled.

·
Registered
56 Posts
9000 miles on my 2001 MXZX800 Clone and I still have her! Showroom new still
ask anyone! :)[/b]
Yours is really close to the mileage that mine was at....I have a feeling that I won't be riding as much as I used to anymore though :(! Seems like they had the motors and chassis figured out for the ZX....The REV chassis is good...But it seems like they are having some reliability issues...Not sure about the XP yet...Interesting to say the least!

·
10,054 Posts
one more vote for the 03 firecat f7. You can come across them pretty cheap but keep in mind, most who owned them rode them pretty hard. I have had a few problems with mine but most were self-inflicted and not a problem from the sled.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I would recommend a Skidoo ZX chassis sled with 6 or 700.

I have a 2000 Formula Deluxe 700 15000km motor untouched. Very reliable.

If you have a Polaris dealer in your area with a good reputation a 6 or 700 edge chassis sled is also very good choice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts