Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to pick up a sled thissummer and ive been pricing out.

Polairs xc sp 600
indy 500

Ac Zr 600
Zl600

Skidoo mxz 670

am finding mint condition sleds but I just want the sled with most power to ride wide open.

sleds are all moderatly the same.. horsepower wise.

but you can have power but getting it to the ground is where companies fall short.

running in the same line as the zr 900. Im thinking the 600 would be the best in this bracket.
but im trying to stay in 600-700cc bracket for insurance purposes. but I want a sled that I can get out and bust some balls with..

thanks for all info

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
The Indy 500 is not at all in the same class as the others when it comes to hp. An XC 500 is a good choice, but no one would buy an Indy 500 for the horsepower.

If I was looking for a good deal on a sled this spring I'd look for an 06 Fusion 600. Some really sweet deals around on a really sweet sled.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hear alot of good things about the indy 500 for a fast sled?..

I dont have 9000 to spend..its my first sled just looking for a good sled with some power..

·
Registered
71 Posts
mxz 670 over any of them i use to own one and so do alot of other people i know to, and that sled is bullit proof with power that competes with all 700 and even some 800 i was giving them a run

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I don't know what 700's and 800's you guys have been running against, but there must have been something wrong with them. A 670 is about 20 hp shy of a modern 700.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Can't comment on the other two as I haven't owned them but did have a 670, great motor, reliable as heck.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i'm going to assume the 670 is a 97 or 98 unless it is an ho then it's a 99. what year are the others? how much money are they?

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the mxz is 670 ho. and its a 1999.. 2995$

and like 5000km on it. so only like 3500miles.

but I hear thats a pretty bad ### sled. the owner that is selling it told me 125ponies.

so im mostly leaning towards the ho right now.

all the sleds are between98-00

·
Registered
465 Posts
Well, you can't go wrong with the 670, but I have got to tell you, the indy 500 is one solid sled!

Just depends on what you want ,

Frank

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
all of these sled are great sled. nothing wrong with any of them. the 670 has got the most power. the indy 500 the lest but it is impossible to break an indy 500 engine wise. the ac 600's and the poo 600 are both great all around sled. the poo 600 motor pulls really hard for a 600

·
Registered
657 Posts
i have a 98 formla z 670 and my buddy has a 99 mxz 670 both very fast and will run with all the 700 ans 800 no problem[/b]
A 670 is just shy of a 700, and is closer to a 700 than a Polaris 900 is to a 900 (866cc). So it should have competed with the 700 half decent anyway (especially if the 700 wasn't tuned up to spec and yours was).

Now, did you run with them honestly? I hate it when people decide to haul out and pass me because I'm in between dad's and bro's sled and we're just taking our time so we don't cook the ol' 340. They think because they passed me doing 40mph that their sled can beat mine? I'm quite sure the Fusion can go faster than that, I doubt they have bragging rights because of that one, lol.

Not accusing you, just I've seen people who will say "oh, I beat a 1000 with my 500 the other day" to then talk to someone who was there and the 1000 was parked, not even running. Way to go, loser. Ya beat that one fair and square, eh? lol. What are some people thinking? :crazy:

I'm just foolin' around, not meaning to offend anyone or accuse you of anything, it's just it brought this memory back up and I had to get it off my chest, lol.

·
Registered
657 Posts
what's the polaris 600 like? money, year?[/b]
Here, you can get an '06 600 Fusion for $10,399.00 CAD with a 3 year warranty. Some sleds come with a 5 year warranty instead of a 3 year warranty (instead of dropping the price on sleds that aren't moving, they jacked the warranty up, wich in some cases can be worth the money; I mean you can do a lot of crap in 5 years, LOL).

I've had my Fusion for almost a year now, so I have 2 years left of my warrenty. The great thing is when they tried to sell off the '05 models I paid a lot less than what they're trying to sell the '06s for (they are currently asking $12,299 CAD + tax for the '06. Last year I paid $10,666 CAD ON THE SNOW; last Feb).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts