Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using a Bombardier Modular helmet for the past couple of years and I get a little warm with it on especially riding hard. It does not really have enough vents for me. I am thinking of going to an open face Snocross style helmet HJC CL-X4SN with Smith snow speed regulator or Scott 89 Turboflow goggles. Does anyone have any experience with this combination? What else should I get to keep warm other than the helmet end goggles? Should I get the mask that sets under the goggles or is there a better way of keeping your face warm. Let me know what works for you. Thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
Your face and skull are joined together as a team...................protect your team and go FULL FACE!!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
JLS
I use that same helmet with a pair of Smith snow warp goggles, looks badass! However have been unsuccesful finding something to keep the wind off my cheeks! I have tryed both the HJC breath deflector and a HJC wrap around and neither worked really good the breath deflector pushed into my eyes and the other was just a peice of crap!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I am with Liquid600 - your head is your head.  Protect it all.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Articcatboots, Do you wear a balaclava under your hemet? I have heard that helps a lot. As far as the other responses on protecting my head, is that towards the frost bite or the impact? As far as impact all of the snocrossers use them, so they must have good protection, but how to keep warm on a cold windy day might be another problem. If anyone has any suggestions on keeping warm with an open face please let me know what to buy. I went over the handlebars of my sled last year with my modular helmet on and when I hit the ice the whole front of the helmet came unlatched and flew open. I am not real impressed with the modular. Just my opinion. Any other thoughts from anyone?

·
Registered
756 Posts
OPEN FACE FOR ME ON THE TRAIL, FULL FACE WHEN RACING. TO STAY WARM I USE A THERMAX BACLAVA AND A LONG SHIELD.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Full face BIEFFE, cause name brands are to expensive. Simple solution. Buy the balck helmet and put the green sticker kit on it.... LOL actually I just ordered an Arctic Cat Touring TXI 330 helmet.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Full face with electric shield, the only way to go for me.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Modular user here.  I do borrow my buddies xtra moto-X helemet/goggles in the spring though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I prefer the full face, not only for protection, I only have 1 head, but also for the warmth. It is also better with communicators.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I normally wear a full face SNELL approved helmet with electric shield when it's cold.  I have wrn my HJC motoX helmet in some warmer conditions.  The only thing with the motox helmet is the wind noise is all most unbearable at high speeds.  You also have to keep the peak angled down a bit so it doesn't pull back too hard on your neck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have both Full Face and Sno-X/Moto-X.  On realy cold days I use the full face that has an electric lense. Otherwise it is the Sno-X.  

I only use Snell approved buckets for my head, I have a family to support after all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Open face is the only way to go. I'm not to sure what the issue would be with lack of protection on a open face.  We are talking sno-x style when we say open faced aren't we?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I am talking about the sno-x type helmet. I just bought an HJC and will try it this winter. I have not found any goggles yet.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just bought an HJC CL-X4SN helmet and Smith Speed airflow goggles. I have been riding my 4-wheeler around with them and they feel a lot better than the modular. I still have the modular for when it gets real cold. Hope it snows soon so I can try it out on my sled.

·
Registered
74 Posts
HJC CL 12 full face with electric shield does the trick for me.
Let the young guys do the moto-X helmets with goggles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a HJC snow-x helmet and I really enjoy it, but if your looking for speed with a low windshield go with the full face helmet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My  last  two  helmets  where  full  face  I  don`t think  I  would  ever  go  back  to  an  open  face.  I  got  an  electric  shield  for  my  helmet  last  year  after  I  had  some  problems  with  my  shield  fogging  up.  I  would  recommed  a  full  face.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts