Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else think that the old V-max yamahas looked awesome.  I'm not a yamaha fan at all, but I do think that the old V-max looked pretty dang good.(The Vmax-4 chassis) Does anyone agree.  How about some pictures

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I enjoyed the early 90's V Max body style, it was on my 94, it looked and felt like a chariot, just give a squeeze and hold on

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ahh yes, I'll get a pic of it soon....once I find it on one of the million FLASH cards I have

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
yea the old v maxes were mean lookin, i also loved the look of phazers during the 80`s and early 90`s, they were really sharp compaired to everything else at the time.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Attached:RX-1 ER Limited in Liquid Silver. Comes with the carbon Fiber a-arm guards,the silver color.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I try to start a topic in the Yamaha forum with no RX-1 talk and oh looky there!!  Another RX-1.  Jees!!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
ha ha ha ha its all rx1 here man.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
ha ha my buddy had one just like that
we thought it was super fast back then.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I look at sleds today and I wonder how come you don't see the "old-looking" graphics like the ones that are on the phazer, everything is all flashy and up in your face.  If you gave me a sled that had a solid color, I'd love it.

·
1,327 Posts
Here are the 2 most reliable sleds in history.

89 377 Safari with 22000km

and the 91 Phazer with almost 20k on it.

Both of them are bullet proof.

2 years ago I was on the way home from Martin River to north bay and the Phazer holed a piston(my fault, new pipe+wrong jetting = melted aluminum)

I limped about 25km home by myself on 1 piston.

I replaced the piston the next day(Thanks, North Country Yamaha) and it has been fine ever since.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes sir,

The Shogun was definitely a good looking machine.....the silver skis were a nice touch as well.

I can't find any good pics though!!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Here's my 93 Vmax-4 750
I picked up a extra engine this summer to wack on.
The engine in it runs to good to cut on and now I have a backup.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts