Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a post for the MXZ 700. How about it 800 twin riders. What have you tried and what worked? Would mostly like to know what works best for trail, and occational grass or ice drags. (ie;-pipe(s), porting, reeds, clutching, whatever..........

Oh, and lets not turn this into a debate like the loud pipe post under general snowmobiling. If I wanted to hear a bunch of bickering, I'd go talk to my wife
(don't tell her I said that)

·
Registered
242 Posts
I tried the EPI clutch kit, it turned my 800 into a turd, I lost about 3mph in 1000', and also lost alot in my take off, to much track spin

·
Registered
53 Posts
Rkt head,porting,boeyesen reeds,exh.restrictor.I wonder if anyone ever get the heelclickers to work good?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
All i've done is 24 tooth top gear,straight 50 helix with white
spring around 22lbs.I tried the beige spring but i could never get a consistent setup with it for some reason.I think 800mxz
has had some success with his HC's.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I tried a 240/320 primary spring with 280's,the beige spring at 20#'s and26/44 gearing.I later went to a 160/320 primary spring.I ran the stock helix.I found the beige spring did'nt hurt the performance but the fuel milage went up because it was'nt always reving at trail speeds.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rst8, did you do everything at once or each thing one at a time to tell the difference.
I've been thinking of adding a D-port single but the exh. restricter doesn't sound like a bad idea especially for the price difference.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Butch800.I put head, reeds,and d-pipe at the same time.now I have exh.restr,thinking about dekker twinns.I think d-port and restrictor give same gain.Haven`t tried with the ported cylinders yet.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the stock pipe with restricter also a dynoport pipe.  I found that the dynoport pipe worked much better overall.  The good thing of the exhaust restricter is that it is a lot cheaper and your friends don't know it is there unless you tell them.

·
Registered
692 Posts
for a tripple a set of crank shops and a good cluth set up works nice with no real motor mods. then open it up a weeee bit more with v vorce reeds. now you can play with the a$$ end to keep the skis on the ground. and dont forget the extra carbides to glide around on. might need some more picks for hooking. even might be able to bring the head down also?

or if you on a twin you can give that to your wife and buy a tripple

1 - 11 of 11 Posts