Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best 2-stroke-oil that can be bought with money? Heard something about Torco racingoil - maybe thats the best one. What do u use yourself?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Klotz, the best performing best smelling oil there is, I beat the A team on this post, compare the labels closely when choosing oil, some meet more strickter standards than others.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
A-team, LMAO. Good one bartman. But seriously this has been talked about hundreds of times here. Doo a search and read for hours. The Amsoil has a lower pour point than the Klotz. Isnt the klotz pour point -25, if so I doo ride in colder than that. Just M2C

·
Registered
373 Posts
Klotz 2 stroke oil has a pour point of - 40 F, their chain case oil is - 25 F, here's a link to the spec sheet.
Klotz spec sheet

·
Registered
745 Posts
I myself use Amsoil, but I thibk it's a personal preference.
It's just like sleds, everyone thinks theirs is better. Pick one and stick with it.

just my .02

FZ700

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been using POLARIS VES but will switch to AMSOIL Injector 2 Cycle Oil when this runs out. For the money ($14.00 per gallon for Preferred Customer) and 100% Synthetic, AMSOIL is the best. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmmm... a loaded question. But I would like to mention two things. One, pour point means nothing when all some manufacturers do is add a little more petroleum base to the oil to make it pour better when cold. Secondly, I would steer towards synthetic brands due to the molecular modifying that has been done to make the oil protect better. Just my opinion. I have used a synthetic brand for many years and have had no problems with wear.

·
Registered
496 Posts
What about the fact that when some synthetics burn they leave byproducts like silica residue, this is like putting sand in your engine.I know this from owning rotary engines but that was from synthetic motor oil, is this the same case in 2 stroke oils ? :0:

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've used castro syntec and now useing xp bomby oil cause of a little cheaper price , but castrosyntec makes the oil for bomby! very good oils anyway , nice and clean cylinders and raves 5200 miles !

·
Registered
93 Posts
I USE AMSOIL IN ALL MY SLEDS AND I HAVE NOT HAD ANY MOTOR PROBLEMS, I KNOW THAT THE 2 CYCLE OIL AND THE CHAIN CASE OIL BOTH HAVE A POUR POINT OF 75 DEG. BELOW ZERO AND THATS A FACT! , I WOULD USE THIS OIL BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE. :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'v been useing klotz for years and am totaly sold on it, i have a 97 mach z with the motor worked over and i absolutly pound it.I drag race it, i lake race it, wherever i go i am always wide open , i'v held it wide open on the lake for miles and never had a problem with it. I turn 8600rpms when i'v got it to the bar and like i said i'm always wide open. One of my rideing buddies is a mechanic at our local dealer and he uses klotz exclusively,he's worked on many motors and has seen first hand what a poor guality oil can do to a motor. Klotz is fairly expensive oil compared to amsoil or some of the other brands but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Same here, I asked a mechanic at the Cat shop, and he also runs Klotz. It costs more,but to me it's worth it. Ams oil would have been my other choice, I have not heard one bad thing about Ams oil.
You can find cheaper oil, but I look at it this way If you only get to ride 3 months out of the year and you have thousands stuck in a new machine, cost is no object for motor protection.
To each his own on this one!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I'm on the A-team.

What you looking at FOOL (said in my best Mr.T voice)

But mainly because I can't seem to find Klotz easily. It does however smell better.

Either Amsoil or Klotz, you won't be disappointed.

FishHog

·
Registered
240 Posts
I use Injex by Phillips 66. $14/gal. Most rated oil (is it TCW3?) i think will work fine. I quit using the Ski Doo Synthetic oil and ask others to do the same. It smells awful, and makes my eyes and lungs burn. Who cares what it does for the enjine - it makes me sick!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts