Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody now much about Maxima or Torco oils?  I am looking for alternatives to the manufacturers brand.  I know Amsoil and Injex have good track records, but i wonder why you don't hear much about Maxima or Torco?  Is it because as I am from Minnesota all I hear about is the local Amsoil(superior,WI)? Just looking for some feedback, thanks.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I've been on here since March & there have been a couple of discussions about oil. Amsoil seems to be the most popular. I've run it for 2 seasons now.

There have been a few people use the Torco & Maxima oils.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I know alot of people have their opinionsabout Amsoil being the best.  The best oils is th oil that works for you and your sled.  Amsiol did not work for me.  I switched to the Klotz TC-W3 synthetic oil and love it.  It smells sweet and my sled seems to work well with it.  It runs about $30.00 (us)a gallon.

Best is a bad word  

Chris

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I started using the maxima thundr r (racing oil) in my sleds this last year.  I pulled my power valves and they looked good.  it has very little smoke,or smell.  i can not express how satisfied i am with it.   When you see the price you will be interested.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'd go with either the Amsoil Race 2000 or the Klotz TCW3. Both are superb oils, the Klotz does have a nice smell. The Amsoil Race has really no smell at all. You can't miss with either oil. People riding behind you will thank you.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I personally use Amsoil because it has a big name and a very good price, the last time I bought some it was $13.00 a gallon.  But Maxima just isn't a very big name and I think some people think it is bad because of that, I have never used though.  Torco is not too big in the snowmobile world but is a big oil company and is said to be a really good oil.  There was a big oil artical on the home page of this site, but I think you can find it on Snow Tech's web page.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The regular Amsoil syntetic is probably way way more then enough for any sled.  

Klotz, Amsoil, Torco, Castrol Syntec, Redline are all oils i have used in the past.  This is what i found.

Engine condition: 1. Amsoil, 2. Klotz,3. Castrol, 4.Torco, 5. Redline(Blew an engine with redline.)  

Engine Power:  Didnt dyno so cant tell you. But didnt notice a diffrence.  

Engine Starting: All the same:

Smokeless: 1. Amsoil, 2. Castrol, 3. Klotz, 4. Torco, 5. Redline.

Rave Valve condition (Clean to Dirty): 1. Castrol, 2. Amsoil, 3. Klotz, Dont really know for the rest.

Price: 1. Castrol, 2. Amsoil, 3. Redline, 4. Torco, 5. Klotz.

So my best luck was with Amsoil and Castrol.  But they all do a job and are night and day better then factory dino oil.

·
Registered
404 Posts
AMSOIL - My cat just purrs with it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts