Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on putting a performance clutch on over this summer but don't know much about whats a good one to get and whats not. Just wondering if anyone would have any input on what would be best.

I'm looking for one that will give good results throughout the whole powerband. I also have a D&D Pipe and Y-pipe along with a performance silencer if that makes a difference. A boondocker system may be considered if needed.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
well to anwser this we need to know what you want. what type of riding are you doing, how fast do you want to go top end, you know lake racing, trial rider, ditch banging, boondocking, and so on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live around a lot of farm lands so a lot of my riding consists of just blazing across fields. so top end speed would be a plus. but at the same time we do some trail riding further north and also in my own area we'll cross mountains to get down into other valleys.

so i guess what i'm mainly looking for is something that will give me good performance across the fields to help blow my buddies away but still have a something that still gives me a somewhat nice trail ride.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
are you eally loking for a whole new primary and or secondary or just a clutch kit?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a whole primary and/or secondary. Definitly both at some point but there's a good chance i won't want to spend the money on both right away.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
sounds like its time to call d+d for a kit that will improve performance all around. no need for new clutches. but a team secondary is nice.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
If it is not a diamond drive sled, the Team clutch is a great upgrade. Save your money and get the standard version vs. the super duper lightweight.

I have setup several on the F7s and everyone is happy with the backshifting and responsivenes on the F sleds. If you are trying to gain top speed, nohing here will be gained vs. the stock reverse cam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts