Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which consumer snowmobiling magazine do you subscribe to?  Please list why as well.
Cheers - Brazoo

·
Registered
483 Posts
I subscribe to American Snowmobiler, Snow Goer, and Supertrax. When I see it I will also pick up Snow Tech off the rack in the store. Of them I prefer Supertrax...think they give it to you straight forward....if something works they will tell you, if something goes wrong or needs improvement,same deal. Snow Tech does the same, but personally just give the edge to Supertrax. The other two, well I just enjoy reading anything that has to do with sleds

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey Brazoo, You forgot SUPERTRAX..... good mag..... probably the most unbiased "Tell it how it is" snowmo-mag out there...love the "READ VALVE" and the "HOW-To" sections....

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Supertrax is a great mag, but i picked snowtech for the indepth technical reports.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
SnoTech...more bang for your buck...they give twice the info as Supertrax per magazine....last time I bought both the Supertrax looked like a pamphlet compared to the Snotech (and it wasn't a special issue of SnoTech either)

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
The reason I picked Snowtech is that they seem to be the most technically aware of the bunch. I've read the Supertrax comments and the only thing that they've pushed is what is the true wet weight of a sled. Like they say, who goes for a ride with 3 gallons of gas in it? We all fill up the oil & gas before we go riding, so why shouldn't the other magazines do the same.

The pogo stick Vmaxes had a smaller tank for less weight, but as a result their range sucked. A friend had a 96 600 Vmax and on a -40* day it ran out of gas after 93 miles.

I would have to say that a lot of what Supertrax says about a sled is fluff. This winter they bad mouthed the SRX about its trail manners. But that sled is going away after this season. They say the REV is the greatest thing since sliced bread. But what will they say later on. Will they take one for a week and put on some long days. Some us may try to go touring with one and find that it's not suited. I'll stick with my ZX MXZ.

Finally, Supertrax seems to suffer from the lack of a proofreader. I've seen Wolf Pack & Todd Wolff spelled "Wolffe" a few times this year.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I chose snow teck 'cuz again, they have alot more info than any other mag.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have a subscription to all of the following:

Snow Tech
Cat's Pride
Sno Goer
Snow West
American Snowmobiler
Snowmobile

Knowledge is definitely supplemented with literacy. The people who read and learn will know more than those who do not.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
During the winter my mailbox is jammed up with:

Snow Week
Supertrax
Ontario Snowmobiler
Snowgoer Canada
I used to get Dyno Tech out of Batavia NY.

My brother buys Snow Tech and I buy American Snowmobiler if there's something interesting in it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just got my first issue of Snow Tech and I have to say I liked it a lot.  April issue with comments on how the testing of the 2003 sleds played out with mind games of marketing depts and engineers was very insightful and honest.  What a cool mag.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts