Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever notice any difference between say, kimpex sliders, and OE Doo ones? Do the OE ones last/work better? The sliders seem to last real good on this sled, but I have no idea what brand they are.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Stick to OEM sliders.......I do lots of miles and have never replaced on any sled. Also a little trick that works is drill holes in them from front to back and the snow gets trapped turns to ice and causes less friction. I have done this on my last couple sleds and really works well ;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
i have had good luck with the "sno stuff " grafites. i like to drill the entire lenth with a 1/4" drill about 1" apart. after drilling i`ve put 3700 miles on my mach z and they still can go for more miles. :)

Attachments

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I like the oem ones.I do not drill them,here is why I ride around sandy areas and it gets in there and it wears the track clips bad. SWRules

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, sounds like maybe OEM are better. I put about 4500Klms on mine last winter, and in #### conditions alot of the time, and they are just about done now. Only thing is, don't what they are, as there were on there when i got it. Sounds like maybe I'll stick to the Doo ones,

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I've only used oem sliders. A side note, black sliders usually outlast coloured ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts