Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do a lot of trail riding and I'm not happy with the way my 99 ZRT800 shifts.  At 20-30 mph (before the secondary shifts) it revs way too high.  Has anybody tried running a single angle helix?  What angle?

I have loosened the spring in the secondary, and it makes it shift sooner, but it also makes it overrev on the lake, so that is not a good solution.  

I want this to be the best trail/lake sled it can be...am I asking too much?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey Scott, what are you running for a set-up.  Primary weights and spring, and secondary spring and helix?  I've got a 2000 ZRT 800.  I have yellow/white primary spring with 60 gram weights, then yellow spring with the stock 57/50 helix.  The secondary spring I just softened to the #2 hole, and seems to work pretty good.  It brought my mileage up about 1-1 1/2 mpg.  It still pulls good, but I'm not getting my peak RPM.  She runs to 8200, then shifts to 7900 and stays their.  I'm thinking of trying a little softer primary, maybe a yellow/green and some 57 or 58 weights.  It's a big game, and expensive if you don't know anyone with a bunch of spare parts that you can try.  But what else can we do, we can't leave them alone, it's too much fun tinkerin'.

·
Registered
307 Posts
In my 99 i run a stock 600 spring in primary yellow green engages at around 4000 rpm.  I also have 53 gram weights i believe (what ever the recall put in for weights), i also run a 57-50 helix as far as the secondary spring it is stock.  If all your looking for is higher rpm adjust your secondary spring to a tighter hole.  Each hole in the secondary either increases you 200 rpm or decreases you 200 rpm.  I would say that 60 gram weights are way to heavy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts