Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone put a big bore kit in their sled? was it worth it? i'm putting one in my xc700 and was it hard to jet it? any response would be helpful.

·
Registered
791 Posts
What kind of big bore kit did or are you getting and what was it worth.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the price was a hair short of $800.00 for the wiseco pistons. sleeves and the labor for putting in the new sleeves. I'm putting it back together myself. it cost to much for a dealer to do it. said and done it'll be 754cc. I hope it will work good. Any ideas about jetting??

·
Registered
38 Posts
The main jet on an 01 800 XC/sp is 460 stock and they say that is fat. I would think you would be safe at 450 and work down from there.  I punched the 800 up to 875 and it is now jetted at 520. This was 6 sizes up. So 5 sizes up for you should be safe.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If all your doing is installing new sleves you can do it yourself, just put the cylinders (not the sleves) in the oven at 450 degrees  and the sleves will drop right in, make sure to wait for the cylinders to get up to temp.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Bonzi, There is alittle more to it than that. To install a sleeve for a bigbore kit you must first bore the cylinder out to just under the size of the new sleeve than you install the sleeve, since it would be impossible to install a larger sleeve in a smaller cylinder, These types of jobs are best left to machine shops that are equiped with boring bars etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts