Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today was our fifth day riding this year. It was technically our worst day because it was not sunny and we were not breaking trail all day, and it was as crowded as I've ever seen it up there. Still, we found some brand-new spots and had some epic moments, and we still got plenty of fresh powder. I also crashed really hard into a stump (I flew completely in front of the snowmobile without touching it) but my sled appears to be undamaged.

The outstanding thing was this trench I dug. I basically had to make an almost 180 degree turn onto an untracked uphill section. Note that I did not get stuck, I eventually powered out of it. Could not believe what was left behind. If anyone has a bigger trench pic that's from just ONE pass and not getting stuck, I'd love to see it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can't forget the riding pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great pics! Hows the belt after that trenching?[/b]
Well if you mean the drive belt it's fine, this wasn't pulling out from a stop so I wasn't burning the belt, it was probably 8000 RPM the whole time. Also my clutching and gearing is really perfect, as amazed as I am to say this, I'm not going to be tuning the RMK anymore because it is tuned. The belt is still like-new and the performance is just awesome. This was just basically a tight 170 degree turn to get from one trail to another, uphill the whole way in 3 feet of thick powder, and I had to slow down and almost got stuck. I gave it a little bounce right as I thought I was going to stop and it gave me just enough traction to pull out of there. The 151 does not like the make very sharp turns if you know what I mean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts