Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a bitter sweet day in NH-land. I put my harley on ebay yesterday, and today got a bid. So looks like it will probably be gone. Hope I get a few more bids though. Hopefully I will cash will get me a new sled. Its just a little sad because it was my first bike. I think I might be going against everyones advice and not getting the 2-up. You are all probably right that Christine will hate it, and all, but you know how it is when you got your heart set on something. Its hard to comprimise.. Nothing set in stone yet though..

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Its always hard letting toys go.

But if your getting a new toy with the money, its not as bad.

As for the two up.......get what you want, thats what really matters.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
get off the pavement with that toy for sure because those 4000 pound cars have no respect for you, even if it is his fault in a crash the motorcycler still loses. :angry:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I think you'll probably find the sled more fun. I like motorcycles, but the other idiots on the road scare the crap out of me. You can still get plenty of hurt on a sled, but to me anyway, I feel better knowing that I'm not sharing the road with people yakking on cell phones, reading while driving, putting on makeup, cussing out kids, etc.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Heck, I drive a 6000+ pound truck and I am scared of the people on the cell phone, puttin makeup, reachin across to the passenger side for that CD... The other day on the way to work I saw a guy reading the newspaper. Not folded up into a little square, but the entire newspaper, full size on his steering wheel. He was all over the highway. Also not in gridlock, I was doing 75 when I passed him. :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I put air horns on the Dodge truck since the factroy horns are so weak. Sure enough, same day, some gal with the phone surgically attached to her ear attempts to merge into my lane with me occupying the space she was drifting into. I hit the air horn and she nearly jerked her car onto the grass I scared her so bad. She STILL didn't put the stupid thing down. :angry:

·
Registered
299 Posts
I hear you on the weak horn... My chev is weak too. What do the OEM's think we drive, Hondas? I want a truck that sounds like its got a pair. :)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I have plans. The air horns I bought were those cheesy autozone jobs. They were much higher pitched than I expected. I have in the plans, a means of setting up an air compressor driven by the PTO in the transmission, that'll feed an air tank. This will have air taps located strategically around the truck underneath to power pneumatic tools. I'll also set up a tap that feeds a real set of semi truck air horns. That should go well with the Cummins engine under the hood. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Heck, while your at it, why not throw in the James Bond stuff? Rocket launchers, oil slicks...etc... (only kidding)

I want a truck with a horn off a train, I want them to hear it
:)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I would LOVE to see the look on the face of the person on the receiving end of THAT horn!! :0: :devil:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Yeah, that would be a site to see, of coarse I'd probably be thrown in jail for noise violation but at least the person would be embarassed!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Maybe so, but you could laugh all the way there knowing that the idiot would have to go home and change soiled clothes. :0: :D :devil:

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
selling a harley?IMO your not loosing much.they are over priced and under powered.funny thing a couple years ago you would wait on one,now the local dealer has about 35-40 of them waiting on buyers ;) .and the price is not as high now as it was then.with one exception the ultra classics still bring 25,000 . that was the black and silver 100 anniversary with gold badges,but no waiting lists.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Yer probably looking at more of an economic cycle than anything else. Those who typically buy a Harley, are more buying the name and what goes with it, than any kind of a power house. Really all they are is a touring motorcycle with a second to none aftermarket modfication support.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts