Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone has used the Black magic Clutch Kit for the 2001-2002 ZR 600 Carb. How well did it work on the sled. I know the EFI set-up wasn''t very good, but I have heard nothing about the Carb version. Just wondering. Thanks.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I just use D&D, and it works great. But I have heard that Goodwin make a good kit too.

newf

·
Registered
404 Posts
D & D woke my sled right up! BM's kits are anything but "MAGIC"

·
Registered
95 Posts
I used B/M on 99, too radical & un reliable, had EPI also, very nice kit for the money & no problems, also heard goodwin are very good but a little more $$ than others. but supposed to be worth it......

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The reason I asked is cause I tried the D&D kit, I was unable to pull 8200-8300 RPMs. I even tried the spring in the 4th hole. I used the stock red/white spring aswell, a bit stronger than the Black in the kit.
I was not very impressed with the results. I think I need to lighten the weights at the tip. BM's kit for the efi has a different primary setup for the EFI heavier weights and a lighter primary spring. The carb uses a heavier spring and lighter weights. The secondarys are the same. The carb setup would work better for me mainly because the engagement would be up where I like it. I appreciate the input. Any one using the D&D kit did you have any trouble pulling your peak RPMs? Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts