Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Cool sled but with the snow blowing over the hood like that, with those colours it kinda looks like and old Olympic comin at ya.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Bladeguy, Nice pic love the snow, So how is that thing to ride, the mags seem to have a love/hate relationship with it. As a matter of fact they seem to have that with all the manufacturers. :)

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Cool pic, makes me want to go riding.

So, fill us in on the Blade.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yeah, thanks for the reminder on what snow looks like.:) Nice looking sled too.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I'de like to hear some feedback on the blade from a guy who owns
one not some magazine tool who only spent a few hours riding it.
Nice pic :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How is it to ride? It shines on bumpy trails. The Front and rear suspension really soak things up and make it a joy to ride. It looks tippy but does not feel that way at all. I am a longtrack fan, but that takes a little out of turning. It's not going to win many races. The M16 (and M10) take a little hp out in exchange for a smooth ride. It also has 1.25'' lugs, which can speed you up off the line, but lose some top end. So, despite the talk of power to weight ratio, its not going to be the fastest sled out there. It corners well, but again, not going to really beat anyone. My friends, as well as myself, ride very agressively. The mags say everyone is left behind. This is not my experience. I can wave goodbye to them as the bumps get bigger though. I imagine the Rev and Firecat will really give it a run for the money. What do you want to accomplish though? I want a competitive, fun sled that removes the bumps - I don't want a rough ride. The Rev and firecat are racers. The Rev is interesting to me because it is supposed to be easy on the back. Can't wait to try one. I like to ride fast (no pun intended!) but this sled was not built to win races. It is built to be easy to ride and very comfortable. It achieves these goals. I am a high miler, and I usually encounter as much crappy bumpy trails as smooth. I wanted something easy on the back in high miles on bumpy trails. I have been blowing a lot of belts though. They claim they have this resolved with a new belt this year. I am also having my dealer check out the clutches. As for the comments on looks: one thing is for sure, you don't buy a Blade for it's looks! She's an ugly girl who is great in bed. The good news is that it doesn't take too many beers for her to look great! Many people ask if it's worth the money. I agree with the mags - not really, but it's a damn good sled.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Originally posted by ZR Sled Head@Oct 2 2002, 04:39 AM
Cool sled but with the snow blowing over the hood like that, with those colours it kinda looks like and old Olympic comin at ya.
That's just too funny........

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Bladeguy,

Thanks for the honest feedback, its nice to hear.

I'm glad your happy with it, because really, that's all that matters in the end.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Great review BladeGuy!! Nice to finaly read an experienced, honest review from someone that knows the sled. :thumbsup:

"She's an ugly girl who is great in bed." Priceless!!haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts