Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 Just came in from trying my new Blue Diamond Halogen headlight100/80 watt, I am not sure if I like it yet.
 Does not seem to be as good as my stock halogen, I like the blue colour but maybe not as intense of a light beam as I expected.
We'll see tomorrow when I put on a regular 100/80 watt for a friend, We will see which is best.....

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
my gold 100/80 was not as bright as I expected either...I thought it would light up the night better...but I guess you can only get so much out of a single beam headlight

·
Registered
392 Posts
When you take a standard halogen bulb and put a blue filter over it that blocks the majority of the visible bandwidth, the result is going to be a much dimmer output.  The only thing that's actually brighter than a halogen is a true HID (High Energy Discharge) lamp and possibly a Zenon bulb.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I've got a diamond blue 100/80 watt as well. I thought it made a night and day difference, litterally. I can see at least 50% more than original. It makes the stock bulb fuzzy yellow in comparison.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
what brand did you buy AC?

·
Registered
392 Posts
What's the power rating of the stock bulb?  I'm guessing not 100/80?

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jim85IROC @ Jan. 23 2002, 10:00pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> The only thing that's actually brighter than a halogen is a true HID (High Energy Discharge) lamp and possibly a Zenon bulb.[/b][/quote]
Its High Intensity Discharge.

I make them

Yoou are right, the blue coating DOES take away some lumens. If anything the blue coated lamp(I make those too) will be the same output even though the wattage is higher.The coating takes away about 10% of the coils ability to produce the same amount of lumens per watt as a standard clear halogen.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I have tried several different brands also, in both my car and sled.  The one I like the best for my sled are called Ice White Zenon bulbs.  It is 120/100 (I think) and gives off a very bright whiteish blue light.  Looks great and is the closest thing to HID that I've seen.....  Runs close to $30 for a piar, or $15 a bulb though, so it better work good!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Do you have a web site for these bulbs?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I bought it on ebay.  I will attach the link to the website that has a full description of them.  I think the guy may have more for sale either on ebay, or you can get them through him.
Let me know if the link doesn't work for you and then I can just get you his email address or something.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....=0&rd=1

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
anyone melt a lens with a hich powered bulb? Not that I have...just curios if it has happened.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts