Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some blue lights installed  in my headlight and they work so good I was wondering if I could buy some of those small auto fog lights and install them in the vents of my sled for better night visibility. Is there enough juice to power a couple small lights. I saw a custom mountin cat and thats all he had for lighting.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Sled Head.  I would have to say yes.  But i would expect the handwarmers be a little weak when everything is on.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I'm going for the latest in all the catagories  

You might want to find out from the RCMP about blue lights at the front of the sled. I don't know if Lady K & Permafrost were aware of this, but the OPP in our area were ticketing riders who had tinted headlight bulbs. While they had me stopped for a routine paperwork check, a guy with a SRX rode up and he had the blue tinted headlight. The Ontario MSV Act states you must have a "white" headlight at the front of your sled. They told them that they had ticketed quite a few guys on ACs with green tinted bulbs.

It probably didn't help that the guy had his validation sticker in his wallet for some reason. They made him put it on the sled. He started getting mouthy with them. he was lucky they didn't write him up for both. The cop asked him if he had the old bulb as a spare. He said no. I think he would have gotten off if he had been able to switch the bulbs.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I've got a 100/80W gold bulb in mine...it works great for swirling snow conditions and fog. In Saskatchewan, you can have whatever bulb you want, as long as if it over 60/55 you only use it off-road (trails count as off-road)

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Dan...if you can ride with a red bulb...and keep up...and not die in a firey inferno of plastic and gasoline, then be my guest!

·
Registered
791 Posts
I know lots of guys in saskatchewan who have been ticketed for blue fog lights on vehicles.  And i think sleds would be the same way.But howare they ever going to keep up or catch you to fine you in a sled.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I would say Go for it, as long as it doesn't impair the vision of other riders or if you are riding ditches at night. I have been blinded by a few careless sledders who don't think to shut their brights off when a car is coming down the highway!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts