Snowmobile World banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to a friend who uses aftermarket Blue Marble Oil in his ski doo twin, he swears by it, says it provides more power, no smoke, and good protection......but its like $30 to $35.00 a gallon. I've been a strickly rotax oil guy from day one, but this stuff sounds pretty good, I was wondering if anyone else has tried this oil?? thanks DooZ..

·
Registered
518 Posts
I heard they closed shop because of financial dificulties. Not for sure though. May just be a rumor.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Just use AMSOIL.  It is much better for your engine then Rotax oil.  It will keep the rave valves clean and your engine running cooler.

I have taken apart engines that used both Blue marble, amsoil, and even doo oil.  The Amsoil engine was in really good condition.  Blue Marble was also in really good condition but was a little dirty. Blue Marble claims to have the cleanest burning oil, well not for me but either blue or amsoil will give you great results. Just dont use rotax oil.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
A magizine switched all of there long term sleds to it last year or the year before do to it's cliams of clean burning and also improved milage. They said they did start to see a milage increase after the they filled the oil tank the second time and it was clean burning with out smoke. I've actually been thining of running the stuff but haven't heard anything on it as to whether they were still around or not.
Caleb

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Contact Polar800 on this forum, he has his own performance shop in no. IN.  A magazine featured him as a user and proponent of Blue Marble last year.  His name is Tim Lockwood.  I haven't used the oil, but I have bought a set of pipes from him and he really knows his #### when it comes to tuning sleds.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Whats wrong with the synthetic ROTAX oil?  Was planning on using it next season (ran Shell last year) on my new sled.

What does amsoil go for on average a gallon?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Theres nothing wrong with both rotax oils Syntetic and non syntetic.

However Amsoil sells for about the same price and it is proven to work better.  

There are diffrences between the oils, its not just a name.

Amsoil, BlueMarble, Klotz, and Castrol Syntec are my favorites and i have had really good success.  This site favors Amsoils thanks to all the survays.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts

Amsoil.

but really, due to its availability.  You can almost always find it around.  But I wouldn't hesitate to run klotz if I could find it.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Just talked to Tim this weekend...this stuff is definately worth the money, protects the motor better than anything else he's seen.  Greenstreak was close, they did have a bump in the road due to internal conflict of profit disbursement, but supposedly are ready to go now.  Tim was going to be a distributor, but he won't sign on w/them 'til he's sure they can supply him w/enough product to keep his customers happy, a good thing!

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Amsoil costs even less than bombi regular oil, and smells and works better than the bombi regular oil and especially there synthetic although i have not tried there new formulation which is supposed to smoke way less. the amsoil costs me 21 canuck bucks /3.78litre jug.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I just checked out Blue Marble's web site their oil only has a pour point of -16 deg. F, thats not very good for snowmobile oil, I use Klotz and I think that is around - 40 deg and I think Amsoil is about the same, should be okay for grass drags.

·
Registered
310 Posts
the most you see around here is the castrol oil, heard that is not that good of oil, i havent found amsoil around on the traisl yet, but they do have it at the dealer i go to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts