Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I herd a rumor that Blue Marble is back on the market. Does anyone have any info on where to get it?

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I actually never knew it left.

Whats the story, was it out of production for awhile?

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
OIL

That much I know. It seems to have a pretty good reputation.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It is supposed to be the latest and greatest two stroke oil. I am not sure that it is worth the premium $. The part that worrys me is that people claim that they use less oil when they switch to blue Marble. The only way you can use less oil is to turn down the oil pump or this stuff is sooooo thick that it doesn't pump as easily as the other oils. I am not trying to be negative as I have not used it. i have been giving it some thought because of its enviromental properties. As far as fuel economy savings the cheapest stuff you are going to put in your sled is Fuel!!!!! A set of pistons will offset the 2 mpg increase in fuel economy pretty quick. Lets not judge to quickly it is nice to see that people are trying to make a difference. Just be educated in your decission.Blue Marble

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The problem was internal struggle w/owners. That's supposedly straightened out now.

I never heard about the lower oil consumption claim. A friend of mine, owner of perf. shop, swore by this product earlier this year, until the internal company struggles...they couldn't guarantee his inventory, so he cancelled his agreement w/them. He broke the product down in a lab to try to see what's in the stuff. He said he'd never seen any-thing else have the same effects on an engine. If you can get a hold of it, use it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts