Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1991 617/643 ski doo mach. the problem is its hard to start in the moring and when its warmed up when you go to giver some juice she bogs out. if you ease into the trottle it will go like mad. if you prime it anymore than 2-3 times she floods out completely. carbs have bin cleaned. pumps checked.exhaust checked. compression check and all are ok. any imput.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just bought a 1991 617/643 ski doo mach. the problem is its hard to start in the moring and when its warmed up when you go to giver some juice she bogs out. if you ease into the trottle it will go like mad. if you prime it anymore than 2-3 times she floods out completely. carbs have bin cleaned. pumps checked.exhaust checked. compression check and all are ok. any imput.[/b]
Have you done any mods to it ???

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just bought a 1991 617/643 ski doo mach. the problem is its hard to start in the moring and when its warmed up when you go to giver some juice she bogs out. if you ease into the trottle it will go like mad. if you prime it anymore than 2-3 times she floods out completely. carbs have bin cleaned. pumps checked.exhaust checked. compression check and all are ok. any imput.[/b]
i own a 93 mach 1, it has flooding problems somewhat similar to you. when i get into deep snow it starts to puke out....but on packed trail, it is powerfull....if it idles too long, it pukes off the start

i can share a cpl things i was told to look at.....check the primer to make sure it isnt constantly flowing, your sled should only need two primes to start and maybe one more once it is running.

when your sled is cold in the morning.. pull the plugs out and pull it over.... is there gas streaming out? if it is, that is the same problem i am having.... i replaced one pump already and it never helped.....its going to a shop this week i hope.

and as for mods...... i do have an aftermarket pipe and can on my sled, i wondered if that has anything to do with it.

i have a post in this area titled... mach 1 670 flooding. there is a some good info there that might relate to your issues on your sled..... good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts