Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing the picture of the Diablo Rouge, brought a question to mind. Did Bolens make the Hus-kee? Or was it made by another company that that the tractor/sleigh set up was the way to go?

·
Registered
278 Posts
The original Hus-ski version was yellow and made by another company.  They were going under and Bolens bought them out.  They painted the hus ski red and called it the Diablo Rouge.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first year my Dad had the 335 Olympic (1970) we took it to the cottage on Kushog Lake. The farmer up the road had one of those yellow Hus-Skis. Also knew of a old guy near Apsley who had one in the early 70s. He was one of the local drunks. We met him on the trail one day and he got stuck. It took my Dad, younger brother & me to help him get it back on trail.

Note to Permafrost & LadyK: Back in the early 70s McFaddens Road didn't connect the highway to Jacks Lake Road. Where the seniors home is was all pine trees and the trail went thru there to get to Jacks Lake.

The only Diablo Rouge I saw was in Permafrost & LadyK's neighbourhood. It was in the mid 80s on the trail south of Gilmour Bay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts