Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if the 2nd year engine warranty would be affected by the installation of a can???i was wondering if ski doo had given anyone a hard time if something should break and they are liable. i realize i could just throw the stock suitcase back in if anything ever happened, but was wondering. also does anyone know if the chaincase is covered under the 2nd year engine warranty or is strictly the motor....?

·
Registered
120 Posts
If anything was to ever happen, you would be best to put the stock can back on that way bombi cant use that as an excuse.
As for the warranty on the chaincase, I am not sure, I have never gotten an extended warranty. I feel that they are a waste of money. I usually ride no less than 3000km's per season. If anything was going to happen, it would of happened in that time. If not, oh well, thats a part of snowmobiling that you will eventually have to do. REPAIRS!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Lady K, that is also a good idea.
But sometimes even if the dealer instals something, dosnt mean bombi will still warranty it. If that was the case, I would get the dealer to fully mod out my sled and when it blew I would tell Bombi that it was done by an authorized dealer.
Remember, aftermarket is not OEM! They will argue that!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Originally posted by mxzx1@Nov 19 2002, 07:12 PM
was wondering if the 2nd year engine warranty would be affected by the installation of a can???
My guess is that if anything happened to the engine and they knew a can was being used, they'd try and weasel their way out of it. If you had problems, put the suitcase back on and return the sled to the dealer like that.

I plan on installing a can on my REV "X" 600HO and it has the 2nd year engine warranty.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Originally posted by Hardcore & Pimped Out@Nov 19 2002, 07:46 PM
As for the warranty on the chaincase, I am not sure, I have never gotten an extended warranty. I feel that they are a waste of money.
Those of us who snow checked a REV got the 2nd year warranty at no charge. I would not have purchased it otherwise. My dealer said it would have been over $800 for the second year.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Aftermarket can and waranty

So you think Doo should pay for your screwup :angry: if the engine goes down ???

If you add the aftermarket can it should be OFF warranty

Sorry but :cussing: don't blame doo if its not going to be covered

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
didnt buy the 2nd year warranty, it was part of the promotion on the spring order .....

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Just the machines that were snow checked...

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Ontrider you are correct, only spring ordered machines come with the 2 year warranty. The second year is only engine warranty. For the second year warranty to be valid a second PDI must be done preseason.
There is also a $50 CAD deductable on engine claims. Costs a bit but it is good insurance.

If you have a good dealer that works with you he will help you out. I know of a few dealers that will preform mod work and warranty it, including a pipe. The thing is talk to your dealer about it. Dont go behind they're back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts