Snowmobile World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone hear about how people in Detroit at the basketball game the other night booed the Canadian national anthem? Actually started to "Booo" during the playing of "Oh, Canada".

Now there are our soldiers over there fighting alongside yours, and being killed by yours! I have no doubt that that event was an accident, but to openly boo our national anthem at such a public event is a disgrace, less than a week after that tragic event.

I don't for a second believe that those booing idiots are representative of the majority of Americans, but unfortunately, it is them that give Americans the stellar reputation that you have in the international community.

We in Canada bleed just like you when our heroes are killed. To have it rubbed in our face by a few idiots is a slap in the face.

Thanks - I just felt the need to vent

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I think that is just a reflection of some of fans at sporting events. Look at the fans in Philly who cheered when the Dallas Cowboy player was injured & taken off the field.

It always PMO when I read in a newspaper an article about NASCAR written by a "stick & ball" sportswriter about why people go to car races. We've all been told it's to see the crashes. WHAT!? I think these guys need their heads examined for writing garbage like that.

I have several friends from the US that have been up here and those that haven't. Knowing them as I do, those idiots are in the minority, and make it bad for the good folks.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Some people are just ignorant A holes, and you will find people like that everywhere in the world, but to do that was a bit much during our National Anthem.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
It makes me sad that a couple a$$holes have to make Americans look bad. I have traveled to every state except Alaska, Texas, and Hawaii. I have met MANY Americans on this board, on the trail, and in my travels 99.9999% of them are great people, but just like every other group there are a few dingbats that ruin everything. Dont take it to heart and know that what goes around comes around. Bad karma sticks to you forever. What happened was an accident and it is a war, my heart goes out to the families of the soldiers and the pilot who now has to live with what happened. We shouldnt be booing each other these days we need to stick together. Together we stand divided we fall. I am very proud to be Canadian but love our American neighbours. Dont let a few bad apples leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Peace, Love, & Peanut butter

·
Registered
875 Posts
Booing a national anthem is just plain ignorant,  I find it hard to believe that the 0.0001% of Americans that are not cool were all in attendance at this sporting event.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I agree booing  the national anthem is very ignorant, but most of the americans i have met and talked to LOVE Canada they come here to cottage, fish, hunt, sled, & vacation. Dont get me wrong im not defending the defilers, just dont judge them all by a bunch of drunken morons. The media is also hyping the daylights out of the accident, and turning it into a b.s. situation.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I AM CANADIAN i have travelled extensively all around europe the states and Canada, IMHO Canada is where its at!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LadyK @ April 23, 2002, 12:39pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I agree booing  the national anthem is very ignorant, but most of the americans i have met and talked to LOVE Canada they come here to cottage, fish, hunt, sled, & vacation. Dont get me wrong im not defending the defilers, just dont judge them all by a bunch of drunken morons. The media is also hyping the daylights out of the accident, and turning it into a b.s. situation.[/b][/quote]
Thank you for setting it straight, LadyK.  Well said.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did anyone hear about how people in Detroit at the basketball game the other night[/b][/quote] Besides who cares about basketball losers anyways. Its not like it was hockey.

A

·
0 Posts
I heard about this and I am totally appauled!  I cannot say I am sorry enough for the way these people acted.  I live 5 miles south of Detroit, and although I am not a basketball fan there is no excuse.  I didn't witness it so don't know exactly what transpired but all I can say on behalf of the nicer people of Detroit, I AM SORRY.  

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
As far as this Canadian is concerned USA is still my favorite place to visit and 99.9% of the people there are good people that respect others.  

I dont need to go to a basketball game in the states to find arrogent people i just got to turn on talk raido and there all over the place.  

As for the tragic death in the war.  Well fighting with fire is dangerous and accidents will happen.  We probably would be responcible for killing some americans by Accident if we had anything to hurt them with.  It pretty hard to have deadly accidents with a few canoes and paddles..

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
AC: Good comment about basketball. It's one thing as a Canadian I don't gloat about

A

·
0 Posts
Now what transpired at the Detroit-Vancouver hockey game last night was not a good response for the Pistons game the other night but I am not going let this get me in a disguntled mood and be pissed off against Canadians.  Detroit started it and Vancouver finished it.  I go to Windsor alot and have been treated with nothing but respect.  I have nothing bad to say about one Canadian at all.  He**, I have had a few French-Canadian girlfriends in my past and they were the most beautiful I have ever seen.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, I for one love and respect Canadians and sing " Oh Canada" at all the hockey games. Great people and a free place to live.

Auggie

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Sorry to all Canadians for the BS that happened.

Those people are heartless that booed.

Why don't all of you Maple leafs come to Wisconsin and I'll take you out for pizza and beers.Let me show you how nice we actually are.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
We live near About 1.5 hrs from winnepege manitoba.  We make it up there quit offten and i always like the folks and the country.   I think we just all need to get along aaaaaaaaaaaa.  (ha,ha)

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i guess the hurrays during the canadian anthem tonight were deafening at one of the games. americans know their pals but play to win.
 all that booing i think was to set the tone for the game just like mike milbury set up the 3rd game for his islanders. hey it worked the game is about winning on and off the ice so hats off to mike milbury even if i am a leaf fan.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Having lived all my life in a border city, if there is one thing I can say about Americans, its that they are very passoniate, and competitive.
I firmly belive, that they didn't mean any disrespect, but in fact just got carried away with the competition.
I have many US friends, and a great deal of mutual respect for their wonderful country.

With that said, "GO LEAFS".

FishHog

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.