Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2001 edge x 600. It has a dynoport pipe, can, and has been clutched and jetted. WOuld the boost bottle add any additional performance. I see it is not expensive but is it worth it?
Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
My buddy put a boost bottle on his 98 xc 700 and he said it made a differance on his sled he also had a dg can on it, other than that it was stock and he was running 108 mph in 2000 ft.He also said it cleared up a bottom end bog or somthing about it loading up on fuel after idling for awile,anyways he said it cleared it up. ???

·
Registered
168 Posts
I also have a buddy that put one on his XC 700 98' and he noticed a big difference, his only problem was having to replace his carb boots (3 X now) something from the boost bottle was rubbing a hole, he now has it fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The small blocks with mikuni carbs show no gains from a boost bottle(01 600 xc). It just becomes a risk to have either a hole in the bottle or the carb boot. This can lead to burning up your motor. Leave it off. If you want more performance cheap try the SLP air box mod with flow rights($50). This will get more air in to match that pipe and can.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was considering putting on on the Blade (Polaris Liberty 800 VES motor). I found it interesting that my Ski Doos come stock with Boost Bottles. There must be some advantage or they wouldn't have them on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts