Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy at work gave me an old "Snowmobile" magazine. Spring 2002 issue. There is a pair of HP snowmobile boots and they look VERY similar to snowboarding boots. Just wondering what the differences are. Anyone know?

·
Registered
756 Posts
I am a believer in Trukk boots.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thats the first time i've seen those.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Geezzz, I was hoping everyone would be saying they are they same.. I decided to get a new pair for boarding, and thought maybe I could find a pair that was well suited for boarding and sleddin'....

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
many guys out west started using snowboard boots.I am not a boarder, but they say the boots are stiff and offer great ankle protection.100% on the trukke boots.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
dhp78 I tried a pair of HMKs on at Hay Days and really like the feel of them. Klim also makes a boot quite similar but for less money. I went and tried some snowboarding boots on the other day and they are quite similar but you want to look for a low cut freestyle boot that isn't quite as stiff or bent so far foward I decidede. The salesperson said they sold alot of snowboarding boots to sledders last year. The price is about the same between all of them. Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I have a pair from Khombu. They're lightweight so you don't feel like you're wearing anchors, they were VERY warm, comfortable, worked well even when I was hiking through knee deep snow, and best of all, not at all expensive, I think about $30 or $40 bux for the pair. They did buff a bit on the top of the foot where they rubbed the sled a bit, but didn't wear through or anything.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I have sorels, they are bit bulky but are really warm and i have never gotten cold with them yet.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I have a pair of sorels with a plastic cover that protects the ankle... they are great for one your foot touches down on a big jump or on a stiff turn. I havent seen them in awhile though. A good ankle support cannot be beat. Many dont have them and you can easily screw up your ankle if you ride hard. Make sure whatever you buy has a removable liner.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am very happy with my trukk boots also, lightweight and very warm.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I am going to buy a pair of those HMK, for the ankle support because of a softball injury. They say it takes a while to break them in but once you do their great.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I have Baffin Ultima's. My feet have never been cold and they feel like pillows on your feet.They are real heavy when full of water while trying to swim :) I would like to try some of the lighter "trick" boots but am very concerned about warmth.Its probobly alot colder in the northern corridor than out west. Those -40 days keep me with my Ultima's :inlove:

Last edited by LadyK at Oct 9 2002, 03:31 PM

·
Registered
356 Posts
The bridger boot from R U Outside corp rated at -70 below are the best boots I've owned.... I think RU is also the dist. for the trukk boots. Don't know much about the snowboard boots but my son works in a board shop, I'll have to ask him which ones are best.... DooZ :D :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ok, I live and die with Rockys. Why you ask, one they are water proof, a jey to keeping warm. Two you can use them while hunting too.:D They arnt cheap, but they are a very quality boot. I'll be wearing my Rockys for life. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a pair of rock super brutes, which I wear for hunting, shoveling, etc. I was also looking at snowboarding for snowboarding. They are supposed to make a big difference. Then I saw those snowmobiling boots that looked the same. I was just curious about them. I was also thinking about crossover compatibility between the 2 sports. I am cheap and dont want to have to buy 2 sets of gear. I will probably buy some Burtons for snowboarding, and use them or the rockys for sleddin...

·
Registered
307 Posts
I also wear Baffin Altima's and have never had cold feet in them. I also find them very comfortable, the liner is wrapped with foil so that helps keep the heat in and the cold out.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Originally posted by 02MXZ600@Oct 10 2002, 05:14 AM
Ok, I live and die with Rockys. Why you ask, one they are water proof, a jey to keeping warm. Two you can use them while hunting too.:D They arnt cheap, but they are a very quality boot. I'll be wearing my Rockys for life. :)
I second that, AMEN!

·
Registered
240 Posts
It's simple. If you want a pair of boots for both snowboarding and snowmobiling get yourself a good pair of snowboarding boots. You need the extra ankle protection. Make sure they are warm.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts