Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple days ago I picked up a 92 Wildcat 700. I didn't buy it from the last owner (bought from his father), and I got a great deal on it, so I wasn't sure what was done to the sled. After bringing it home and looking it over. I discovered that there was alot of work done to the sled. Pipes, Wiseco Piston, Aftermarket clutch springs. The rear suspension is has tight as hell, the rear shocks aren't stock. I'm managed to contact the orignal owner and found out the he had done this work with hopes of draging the sled, but he didn't get a chance to try her out in competition. Not that it would have a chance against the newer sleds!!!

The engine runs perfect, clean, 150Psi compression each cyl.

I wondering if this sled will be ok on the trails, I don't plan on racing it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
150psi is kind of high for that motor on pump gas. chutching there are many options you could use, grn/yl spring about 58g. wt. 57/50 helix stock rear spring(yellow). what jets are in the carbs? is the sled lowered? where do you live? I can help

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I did the compression test last night. The needle bounched up to 140-150 and then stayed at about 120. So I'm assuming that the highest point is where I should read!! But both cyl are EXACTLY the same. So I was thinking that's good.

This is my first sled, so I'm new to everything. especially modifications. I live in Newfoundland, Canada.

The clutch spings are yellow. I know that dosn't say much, but that's how I know their aftermarket.

I have know Idea about the jet's. I'm taking off the carbs tonight and cleaning them. I'm having a problem idling (Really low) so I'm checking the carbs first.

No the sled isn't lower, just a really stiff suspension. The shocks work fine, they bring the rear up slow. But you really have to put some weight on it to get the rear to sink.

Any suggestions would be great!!!

·
Registered
756 Posts
That sounds better for the compression. now just clean & sync the carbs Fresh fuel & try it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts