Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just purchased a 2002 SkiDoo MXZ 800 Sport, 130 miles, pretty much brand new....had a 1999 Polaris XCR 700, triple/triple/triple.....very fast, but a tank. How will I like going to a high output twin like the 800? Will it be as fast? Most ricing is trail and short flats...

Let me know if the 800 was a good buy....did get for only $5100, so price was right.

:hallo8:

·
Registered
393 Posts
we have a 02 800 sport also. its an awesome trail sled, tons of power, handles and rides great. in a short drag my wife will pull ahead of my mach z for a distance and then i`ll go by her. i wasnt real impressed with it on the lake in about 1500', got only about 105 but that was with little miles on it without the break in chip burned out. i plan on running a 27t top sprocket and some clutching and a set of reeds. i hope this will give me more on top. bottom and mid is where this sled really shines.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i came running in here to see the picure. :0: where's the picture ? :angry:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
:withstupid: what a rip :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
That's a great price. I bought a 700 Sport new last year and put 500 miles on it. I love the handling on the trails - didn't really get to experiment much with top end but its fast. The only problem I had with it was the recoil broke but it was fixed under warranty.

I was going to sell it this year and get a REV but I don't like how much it depreciated in only one year. I've been thinking that when I buy my next sled I'll look for a new leftover from the previous year.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
The fact it's a Sport is why it doesn't have much value left. I know dealers that didn't even order the sports do to the paltry demand. Good value if you want to keep a sled and won't be ditch banging it though.
Caleb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts