Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would let this out for everyone to see. Today we tested 4 box stock sleds side by side for 1200' in a few inches of snow. The results are somewhat suprising.

F7- Although this is the Doo forum I will say this sled is impressive. The version tested is the sno-pro and the shock calibration is good. The engine is awsome but the ride is so-so. The sled accelerates like a 1010 twin until 80 then tapers off.

ZR 9- same as last year

REV X 600 HO- clutching is pretty good out of the box but backshift is terrible. Some small adjustments were made to rectify that. Engine is potent but is a little pipey.

REV 800x- same as the 600 in terms of clutching but backshift was a little better. Front shocks are way to soft for my liking.

1200 ft DRAGS: The ZR 900 and the REV 800 were dead even. The F7 is about 1mph faster in the 80-90mph range then very close in top end. We were hitting about 104 in the distance run. The rev 800 does want to rev a little higher on thew tach than last year. Roll on power puts the F7 a little ahead because of the lack of backshift but the rev pulls on it shorly after. Roll on with the REV 800 and ZR 900 are dead even. 600 Ho was run also against the 800 REV. Roll on is slightly faster on the 800 as expected but top spead is only about 2 MPH different.

My conclusion is this years 800 motor runs well but the clutching is a little off. The F7 is probably the best out of box calibration of all 4 sleds, not a whole lot to gain from clutching. The 600/900 and 800 all have some left on the table for clutching. This is somewhat suprising to see the doo's have that much room. Over all I am pleased with the performance of the 800, the chip is not burnt in either.

GLH

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just curious as to how much tuning parts are available for the new clutches. Did you happen to run against any older sleds for comparo?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great info GLHRacing! Just to clarify could you tell us the following: Out of the 4 sled what would be the finish order in the following distances:
500?
1000?
1200?

Also, was the 600HO past the break in chip? Is your experience that the break in chip difference is noticable? How did they all compare in the traction department?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In our tests the results are as follows:

500' f7, REV 800, ZR 900, 600 ho (they were all close)

1000 ' REV 800, F7, ZR 900, 600 HO. ( rev 800 by 1 sled ZR and F7 tied)

1200 ft who ever got the hole shot. REV 600 was last but only 2-3 lengths behind.

They are all really close. The F7 has the best roll-on acceleration. Some small clicker changes really helped the rev 600/800.

All sleds started with 0 miles. All had 20+ miles by the end, 1500ft at a time.

GLH

·
Registered
858 Posts
The Rev's should go faster once the chip burns out. We did 118 mph (GPS) with 800's on 1000' last year and was told they were at same specs as the ones sold this year so not even clutch adjustments (clickers).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts