Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with MASS to inform them I had recived the letter they sent about the cancellation of my policy.
They informed me at this time if I was to insure my 2 cars with them they would insure my 2 sleds (ZR800EFICC & F7 Sno-Pro) I asked for a price....
The info went as follows.
Last years quote $699.00 for my Talon, This year $1338.00
Last years quote $1003.00 for my Silverado, This year $1555.00
And no I have never had a claim or ticket.

ZR800- Last year $440.00 This Year $581.04
F7 -$581.04

STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM MASS AND TRADERS UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE RAPED.

Anyone going to the show in Toronto be sure to moon the Mass booth as you walk by...
:cussing:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Chubby, what a rip!! Good thing we have a forum like this to warn each other of those kind of scams.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
That sounds like a good way to promote snowmobiling in MA. What can you guys do about insuring them now? And if i go up to MA and ride am I insured even though i have an 800?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
:doh: I think they mean the company not the state ;) It is a insurance company in toronto called mass insurance brokers and Ladyk and I have yet to recieve our letter but they will come soon :angry:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I think MASS already decided to boycott us. They will not renew my policy.
Anyone in the same boat, try Primmum (formerly Canada Life) their rates are about the same as I paid with MASS last year.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thats why you goto Travilers, I pay 125.00 per year on my sled.

My cars

1995 Trans Am
1992 Z-28 Camaro
1995 GMC K-1500

96.00 a month for full coverage. I also have a discount becuase my house goes through there as well but they are awesome. Helps if you have a clean driving record too.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Chubby,
If you want something to get excited about you should get a quote on what your vehicle insurance would cost living here in Toronto. Its crazy the difference in price depending on where you live.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
im still waiting for my letter also :yee:

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
That's right Paul they came looking for us with a massive marketing campaign. Then they shun and persecute us a couple of years later. :angry:

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Had anyone heard of MASS before they targetted the sled biz? I know I hadn't. Maybe they were losing policies in the automotive end of it & decided to cherry pick the sled insurance for a couple of years then bail on it.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I guess we won't be seeing that happy harold guy in the ontario sled mags
anymore ??? I agree with permafrost why target a specific group and then
try and banish them several years later.Luckily i havn't had a policy with them for about 12 years now.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Originally posted by z800rtx@Oct 12 2002, 11:26 AM
I guess we won't be seeing that happy harold guy in the ontario sled mags
anymore ???
Good one :D He always seemed to be in the pics. Maybe we ought to start a magazine, get free sleds to test & big tow vehicles to tow our 4 place trailer w/. I wonder how these guys put it upon themselve to be "experts". I've been ridng sleds on my own since '79 & definitely don't consider myself an expert to test sleds.

I hadn't really heard much about him since he went on to the CCSO (Canadian Council of Snowmobile Organizations) an umbrella group of all the provincial associations. I haven't really heard much about what the group does.

As an aside when I was looking after Land Permissions for my club, the OFSC's liability insurance was handled by a company from Kitchener (McKellar?). Happy Harold is from down there too. Coincidence?

Maybe IndySKS can correct me on the insurance company's name.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Anybody ever try Geico? Another insurance thread elsewhere got me looking at rates. Now, I don't know if they'll insure snowmobiles or not, but they quoted me HALF what Metlife did for the same coverage. Needless to say, I switched. :hallo1:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just got a letter (registered letter) today from Mass Insurance, Guess what it was about. Probley alot of you got one as well, it was telling me that as of today I am no longer insured with them.

I think Mass insurance is a rip off, I was insured with them for 4 years and they just cancel you for no reason. I have never had a claim or anything.

I wish I had of known they were going to do this last year when they decieded to double my insurance cost, I would of told them them where to stick it then! :devil:

·
Registered
657 Posts
I still haven't got my letter yet.How close to your policy being over did you guys get your letters.I'm just woundering if that's why I haven't heard anything yet because my policy doesn't expire untill sometime in february. :hallo5:

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have safeco look them up they are honest and up front. i have my car policy with them which is reasonable and full coverage on my sled is $180. dont know what areas they are available but you best bet is to find a company that will insure car and sled so u get a better rate for you sled. :hallo7:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I don't know about Primmum being good for sled insurance. They were the cheapest I could find for my 4 wheeler, 900 per year less than General whom I have all my other insurance with. For my 01 ZR8 I was paying around 500. So I got Primmum to quote me on my new ZR9, and it was 1355.00 Go figure. I guess each company has a market segment that they target. Austin

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i'd like to use the words that earned one fellow a hiatus from this board after getting my renewal today from mass.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts