Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boyesen Power reeds- How are they? Do any of ya'll use them?Do they compare to VFORCE THREE or CARBON FIBER? They do mount directly to the stock cage right?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
yes the boyesen bolt on to the stock cage,i put mine on 2 days ago,very good snappy throttle responce,i had the v2's last year,they are 4 times the price as the boyesen in my area,the boyesen work just as good as the v2's...imo

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ther is a ski doo tuner in this area who claims the V-force typically will make 1-2 hp more than Boyesen reeds (not rad valves) he only recommends v-force if all out hp is essential otherwise he urges trail riders to save their money.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I use them. Very good product for me because the Polaris I put them in needed lighter reed tension at lower RPM. Made a big difference.

In my opinion, throttle responce is better than any reed out there.

They work very good in Polaris motors, because stock reeds from Polaris are way too stiff, Stock reeds are comparible to Carben tech High tension reeds.

I would defenetly recommend them for anybody that wants more low end power.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I run boyeson,after dynoing the v-force 2 back to back with boyeson I sold the v-force,over twice the money and 1 hp more. ???

·
Registered
678 Posts
Do you run the boyesen reeds with the stock jetting? I couldn't find this info on their site.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I dropped 2 main jets when I switched

·
Registered
373 Posts
How long do the Boyesen's last ? as compared to stock reeds, I have 5000 miles on my stock set and was thinking of changing, the stock replacements look like they would cost more than Boyesen's so I was thinking of going that route if I heard some good reports on them.

16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey, on my 600 efi, do i need to change anything, b/c you said u needed to change a jet? Does anyone with efi use the boyesen's? How are they?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts