Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Heres the deal my caliper on 97 formula 500 has a mind of its own.
I was riding the sled around the yard and The sled felt like the brake was slightly staying
on so I put it in the garage to check it out I grabbed the rotor and she was tight. So I pryed the brake pads off it to get the pressure off,then the rotor would wiggle. So I get the garage all nice and warm (about 20 min later)and grab the rotor and its tight against the pads again. I tryed another caliper same thing.
So when I ride and use the brakes the pads stay against the rotor enough so its like keeping your brake on the whole time and actually gets quite warm(hot when ridin longer). So I stopped riding it,any ideas of what to try or what wrong...?
As I said I bled the thing and tryed another caliper bled that and same thing.
Im lost as usual :crazy: :tongue:
I also forgot to tell you when I do use the brakes I barely have to touch them for it to stop!
It will about through you over the bars lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
hey sounds too me like the seals in the master cylender are gone or that u have air in the brake line. start by bleeding all the old fluid out and then replenish it with new fluid and then open the bleed screw on the caliper and press the pads as far back into the caliper as they can go. open the blewed screw and squeeze the lever, quickly close the bleed screw as soon as the fliud almost seazes to flow from the bleeder. relese pressure on the brake lever. apply pressure on lever, and open bleeder again, repeat this untill no more air bubbles are seen coming out of the bleeder. and keep the reserver toped up while doin this or u will draw air back into the line should the resivar run dry. hope this helps as for seals, ur lookin at prolly new master cylender assembly from ski-doo or over haul the master. lol hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts