Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you saw this comin.... thats what i get for buying a 150.00 sled. i pull the brake lever in full to the hand grip and nothin, when i look at the disc i see the pad moving a little bit but no contact.... and i see that someone adjusted the cable length adjuster to full out... so i'm guessing the cable is just stretched beyond usage..... is it an easy fix?

thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
you saw this comin.... thats what i get for buying a 150.00 sled. i pull the brake lever in full to the hand grip and nothin, when i look at the disc i see the pad moving a little bit but no contact.... and i see that someone adjusted the cable length adjuster to full out... so i'm guessing the cable is just stretched beyond usage..... is it an easy fix?
thanks[/b]
I just replaced a shock in my rear skid today...I would rather do the cable replacement any day of the week. The skid was a pain to get out, but going back in was a piece of cake ;)

you might want to get new pads as well, im not sure how worn down they need for replacement however. I paid 600 for my sled and i have another 160 on top of that for shock and cover.

kind of hard to believe that cable could be that worn out. You sure something isnt sticking?

even so a cable can be had on e-bay for little to nothing compared to brand new...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just replaced a shock in my rear skid today...I would rather do the cable replacement any day of the week. The skid was a pain to get out, but going back in was a piece of cake ;)

you might want to get new pads as well, im not sure how worn down they need for replacement however. I paid 600 for my sled and i have another 160 on top of that for shock and cover.

kind of hard to believe that cable could be that worn out. You sure something isnt sticking?

even so a cable can be had on e-bay for little to nothing compared to brand new...[/b]

is that related to brakes? my knowledge on snowmobiles isn't as good as diesels.... ha ha.... you just replaced a shock (a shock as is suspension?) in your rear skid? (talking about skidoo) whats does that mean. i'm slow..... i don't even know if i wanna mess with the brakes my self, they charge 69 dollars an hour at the place i take my stuff to.... i don't know, but i need brakes for the trails....

anyways.... i probably might as well put some pads in..... but i don't know if something is sticking, everything spins freely and wheni pull the brake i see the cable pull in and the pad move (but not enough) i want this #### fixed before season opens....

·
Registered
496 Posts
T yo see the cable is adjusted at the caliber all the way correct ? If you look down the center of the caliber there should be a screw to adjust the pad , do you see the adjuster screw ? If yes then turn the cable adjust back and adjust the pad.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
T yo see the cable is adjusted at the caliber all the way correct ? If you look down the center of the caliber there should be a screw to adjust the pad , do you see the adjuster screw ? If yes then turn the cable adjust back and adjust the pad.[/b]

i see a bolt with a nut locking it to a position which is located on the side of teh caliper..... is that the one your talking about? loosen that nut and screw the bolt in more? b/c i notice that the bolt is out pretty far and its rusted to ####.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like the one.[/b]

Thanks BD! that worked, must of came loose or something but i loosed the lock nut and screwed in the bolt more and the brakes work like new.....

i wish you lived closer then you could give me pointers and help me out with stuff....

i'm around the westbend area near cedarburg, grafton...... hit me up for a some trail ridin some time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts