Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am looking for some information on the break in period on the sleds using the mpem. I have heard many different answers on the fact that the mpem retards timing for the first few hours of operation. I have been told that there is a four hour time period programmed into the sled for proper break in, after that period of time the mpem bumps the timing and the sled will then run at its full potential. Is this true and is that actually what happens? So after the first four hours, a person can expect some more performance? Just wondering how this really works. Thanks in advance
:D

·
Registered
678 Posts
Actually, the owners manual says nothing about it, it barely even mentions the MPEM except to say it controls RER, DESS, and DPM. All it says about break-in is the usual vary speed, avoid extended full throttle for the first 10hours or 300 miles, and to put 18oz of injector oil with the first tank.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cooley, pretty funny comment! ALREADY CHECKED THERE :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
ride it like you hate it, i'd sooner have my sled come apart under warranty. :sly:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have heard that there is a break in chip that has to be "burned in" which I believe limits your hp for approx. 10 hrs or 300 miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts