Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is directed at any folks that were in the Englehart/Kirkland Lake area last season & this winter.

North of Englehart on TOP trail A108, did we not cross the bridge last year? This year there was a nasty (if you were southbound) reroute across the river. My brother thought he used the bridge last winter, I don't remember crossing it

Does anyone know if this will be corrected before next winter? I guess the club didn't want sledders using it for fear of liability problems.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yes we were using the bridge last year..i didnt think the hill reroute was that bad ?? i noticed a nice hole in the bridge..otherwise that is always a nice trail to ride..steve

·
Registered
72 Posts
We rode that rail about 2 weeks ago and we were told that the M.N.R. closed the bridge down about 3 weeks into the season so the club had no choice but to re route under the bridge. The only problem with this is that the groomers aren't too confortable crossing the river so the trail won't be groomed untill you get across the next bridge further down the trail.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, we didn't stop when we went thru the area. The north side of the river was OK, but the hill on the south side by the river when we went thru was more or less ice & rocks
Any idea if the MNR will allow it to be repaired for sled use? I know they are real picky about bridges on Crown Land.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts